OSC MIX quirk or issue?

OSC MIX quirk or issue?
« on: March 02, 2021, 11:15:46 PM »
New to the Rev2 (So far I am in love with it) and have a question about the OSC MIX.

Setup: Initial patch. Both OSC set to the same (Freq, Fine, Shape, Shape mod) and the rest of the patch unmodified.

If I turn on OSC 1 (any shape) and OSC 2 off and then turn the OSC MIX to 127 and press middle C I get no tone. If I crank the master volume up (>50%) I can kind of hear OSC 1 bleeding through.

Now, If I turn on OSC 2 (any shape) and OSC 1 off and then turn the OSC MIX to 0 and press middle C I get tone. Master volume set 5-10%. I can hear OSC 2 very clearly.

Is OSC MIX at 0 or 127 supposed to completely block out the other OSC?

Why is one being block better then the other?

Re: OSC MIX quirk or issue?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 06:59:59 AM »
Hi there. I have the same behaviour on mine - but the bleed is pretty low. In fact, at the levels I play and record at it's not really noticeable. If I really strain then I can hear OSC2 when OSC MIX is at 0, but only when the master volume is around 50%+

If yours is worse, could imagine how that's a problem. I think this kind of thing is pretty common across a lot of analogue synths, but if it's noticeable at playing volumes you may have an issue.

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2021, 03:51:58 PM »
Hi there. I have the same behaviour on mine - but the bleed is pretty low. In fact, at the levels I play and record at it's not really noticeable. If I really strain then I can hear OSC2 when OSC MIX is at 0, but only when the master volume is around 50%+

If yours is worse, could imagine how that's a problem. I think this kind of thing is pretty common across a lot of analogue synths, but if it's noticeable at playing volumes you may have an issue.

I felt it was odd that one was significantly louder then the other.

I found it accidentally as I am new to synths and was exploring.

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2021, 02:22:02 AM »
I guess most have probably never had a problem with it - if you turn the OSC off it disappears completely, so that's what people would do.

Always a really good idea to play with everything on any new synth - and this is a hell of synth to get for one of your first!