Tempest as master, Ableton Live 9 as slave. Problems.

Tempest as master, Ableton Live 9 as slave. Problems.
« on: May 20, 2016, 05:05:31 PM »
G'day,

When I set the Tempest as master I can only play short midi notes in Ableton's VST's. Is the tempest stopping the notes?.

It does not matter if I trigger midi with the Tempest or Launchpad, I get the same results.

Everything works well when I slave the Tempest to Ableton, but that is not what I want.

Also when I set up a midi track in Ableton to get midi feedback to the Launchpad's LED's, I get stuck LED's.

Any help appreciated. Cheers.

Re: Tempest as master, Ableton Live 9 as slave. Problems.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 12:52:21 AM »
Short midi notes maybe are indicating midi loops in your chain check your midi settings both in Tempest & Live.Also are you using Tempest to sequence a VST externally?Personally i found that the best way to sync external hardware with a DAW is either with a dedicated sync box or set DAW to be the master.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 01:15:01 AM by Yorgos Arabatzis »

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 07:19:58 AM »
G'day,

When I set the Tempest as master I can only play short midi notes in Ableton's VST's. Is the tempest stopping the notes?.

It does not matter if I trigger midi with the Tempest or Launchpad, I get the same results.

Everything works well when I slave the Tempest to Ableton, but that is not what I want.

Also when I set up a midi track in Ableton to get midi feedback to the Launchpad's LED's, I get stuck LED's.

Any help appreciated. Cheers.

Go into Ableton's MIDI settings and turn everything on the Tempest off except sync in, this will test your theory. If that resolves the issue then perhaps you can disable the MIDI sequencer out in Tempest. (can't remember exactly how to do this off the top of my head.)

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 12:59:23 AM »
Thanks for the replies, I have had no luck unfortunately. I think it is undo-able without other hardware as Yorgos said.