Minimoog Model D

Shaw

Re: Minimoog Model D
« Reply #280 on: July 03, 2017, 09:39:33 AM »
Well, we know at least three Korg Quadra's would sell!
I can't imagine someone doesn't already have this on the drawing board somewhere....

Ready for pickup with mini keys.
Now that hurt.
Like an Ice Pick to the forehead....
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

« Reply #281 on: July 03, 2017, 09:40:12 AM »

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #282 on: July 03, 2017, 09:43:36 AM »

« Reply #283 on: July 03, 2017, 09:47:22 AM »
Well, I don't need mini. But I wouldn't mind sticking this one on my fridge.

« Reply #284 on: July 03, 2017, 11:11:42 PM »
The Moog guitar is the only polyphonic Moog I ever expect to see.

Only one filter though, does that make it paraphonic ;)

No, since each string has it's own envelope.  ;)

I'm must admit I'm not sure thats true, unless mine is bust!

To me the envelope follower seems to be run from the mixed signal of all the strings.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #285 on: January 31, 2018, 12:58:42 PM »
What's next for Moog, in light of the discontinuation of the Model D?  Will nothing fill the vacuum between the Subsequent and the giant Voyager XL?  How about a regular-sized Voyager Mk II?

« Reply #286 on: January 31, 2018, 01:41:28 PM »
What's next for Moog, in light of the discontinuation of the Model D?  Will nothing fill the vacuum between the Subsequent and the giant Voyager XL?  How about a regular-sized Voyager Mk II?

Probably what we already speculated about in another thread: http://www.matrixsynth.com/2017/11/new-moog-synth-geert-bevin-amos-gaynes.html

No-one knows what it's going to be, whether it'll be a true hybrid synth or just digitally controlled with a new big screen in the middle and multi-functional knobs (only the latter is pretty much a given according to the presentation).

I'm sure it'll be announced at Moogfest in May.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #287 on: January 31, 2018, 01:45:10 PM »
Certainly a different creature, and not what I was hoping for. 

Shaw

« Reply #288 on: January 31, 2018, 01:47:43 PM »
Actually the "vacuum" now is between the Subsequent 37 and their ultra expensive Modular rigs... there are no Voyagers currently in production, and the Model D is coming to a close so... that's a huge vacuum... like space itself.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #289 on: January 31, 2018, 01:49:17 PM »
Isn't the Voyager XL still in production?  Perhaps I'm just seeing the leftovers on the websites.

Shaw

« Reply #290 on: January 31, 2018, 01:51:00 PM »
Isn't the Voyager XL still in production?  Perhaps I'm just seeing the leftovers on the websites.
Nope... Just leftover units that have yet to sell (Of which I snagged one).  :)

https://www.moogmusic.com/products/minimoog-voyagers/minimoog-voyager-xl

« Reply #291 on: January 31, 2018, 01:53:00 PM »
Well, nothing can be said yet, except for it probably having a different front panel look. Voyager XLs and Minimoogs won't sell out so quickly, as they're quite expensive, so I wouldn't be surprised if there are still some available in a year or so.

Shaw

« Reply #292 on: January 31, 2018, 01:56:11 PM »
Well, nothing can be said yet, except for it probably having a different front panel look. Voyager XLs and Minimoogs won't sell out so quickly, as they're quite expensive, so I wouldn't be surprised if there are still some available in a year or so.
No Doubt.  It isn't an impulse buy for most people, that is for certain.

« Reply #293 on: January 31, 2018, 01:57:41 PM »
No Doubt.  It isn't an impulse buy for most people, that is for certain.

Also, don't forget that these synths are nowhere as "cheap" as in the US. As a comparison: The Minimoog Reissue costs the equivalent of $4,840, and the Two Voice Pro the equivalent of $5,459 (all based on today's exchange rate).
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 02:05:44 PM by Paul Dither »

Shaw

« Reply #294 on: January 31, 2018, 02:12:30 PM »
Also, don't forget that these synths are nowhere as "cheap" as in the US. As a comparison: The Minimoog Reissue costs the equivalent of $4,840, and the Two Voice Pro the equivalent of $5,459 (all based on today's exchange rate).
zurück in Deutschland?

« Reply #295 on: January 31, 2018, 02:22:31 PM »
zurück in Deutschland?

Jawohl.  ;)

chysn

« Reply #296 on: January 31, 2018, 02:24:55 PM »

Yeah. I bought a new, unopened, Little Phatty over a year after the Little Phatty was discontinued in mid-2013, and it was still possible to buy a new one at least into 2015. At this point, prices were drastically discounted (I got mine for $700 USD), probably because the Sub 37 Tribute was available. I imagine (but have no first-hand knowledge) that dealers would be annoyed at having their stock suddenly become unprofitable, which might partially explain why Moog isn't rushing out a Voyager/Model D replacement. Not only are these things still available, but they haven't been discounted like the LP was.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

Shaw

« Reply #297 on: January 31, 2018, 02:25:40 PM »
zurück in Deutschland?

Jawohl.  ;)
Maybe you can get the new Waldorf cheaper!  :)

« Reply #298 on: January 31, 2018, 03:03:05 PM »
Maybe you can get the new Waldorf cheaper!  :)

The Quantum won't be cheap on any side of the Atlantic. Maybe in 5-10 years. But I will definitely play it again at Superbooth in the beginning of May.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #299 on: January 31, 2018, 04:19:19 PM »
Nope... Just leftover units that have yet to sell (Of which I snagged one).  :)

https://www.moogmusic.com/products/minimoog-voyagers/minimoog-voyager-xl

Wow. You have an XL?  I'm impressed.  I couldn't even dream that big!