Please Produce a New Batch of Poly Evolver Racks

Please Produce a New Batch of Poly Evolver Racks
« on: February 19, 2021, 07:29:02 AM »
Dear Dave Smith,

I know you won't read this and would disagree anyways but can't you guys please produce a new batch (say 200) of Poly Evolver Racks ?  :) :)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2023, 02:12:47 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

Sacred Synthesis

Re: Please produce a new back of Poly Evolver Racks
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 02:15:34 PM »
Indeed.  Once upon a time, less than a year after the Rack version was discontinued, they did just that - they unexpectedly produced a small number of PERs.  I was able to snatch one up at the time, and I'm glad I did.  And I'd consider buying another one.

Re: Please produce a new batch of Poly Evolver Racks
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2023, 08:12:43 AM »
I'm still interested. Come on guys.  :D

p.s. I think it's clear but the topic says "back". What I meant to write was "batch". Maybe you can edit this Sacred Synthesis ?

Sacred Synthesis

Re: Please Produce a New Batch of Poly Evolver Racks
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2023, 02:13:13 PM »
As you wish; "batch" it is.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 07:55:31 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2023, 10:39:14 AM »
I'll buy five. If you put the rack back into production you will not be able to make them fast enough.
Nymph, in thy orisons be all my synths remembered.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2023, 10:59:28 AM »
I can't imagine what the price would be these days.  My Poly Evolver Keyboard was $2,600 about fifteen years ago.  Today a Rack version would probably be around $3,500.

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2023, 07:26:00 PM »
I can't imagine what the price would be these days.  My Poly Evolver Keyboard was $2,600 about fifteen years ago.  Today a Rack version would probably be around $3,500.

Racks are going for two grand, now. Evolvers can chain up to twenty voices. Somebody in design should at least think about whether making a new twenty voice Polyevolver would be worth it and could anyone less than a billionaire afford one. The new synthesizers are all so similar to each other it is starting to look like a cash grab. Come up with something new, guys. Really new. Not just 6% different from the last pile of debt.

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2023, 10:53:50 AM »
I would buy a rack if they made one available.  I can't see this happening this many years later because all the parts and pieces are likely long out of production.

Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2023, 11:49:06 PM »
Dear Dave Smith,

I know you won't read this and would disagree anyways but can't you guys please produce a new batch (say 200) of Poly Evolver Racks ?  :) :)

I second that emotion. Seriously, I would buy five Poly Evolver Racks. Or, if you came out with an anniversary edition twenty voice Poly Evolver keyboard or rack, I would buy it, no questions asked. I have an Evolver. A lonely little Evolver, and I want five racks, but nobody is even selling theirs any more, and the keyboard prices are just mental. If you decide to do something crazy, lean toward Poly Evolver rack, please. Thank you.