Pro-3 versions of Yazoo songs

Pro-3 versions of Yazoo songs
« on: February 15, 2021, 04:10:02 AM »
Hi all!
Some of you might already have listened to this demo that I did using only my Pro-3. I've tried to recreate some of the early songs by Yazoo, mostly from Upstairs at Eric's. All sounds, including drums, are directly from the Pro-3 using only the internal effects. My plan is to put together a batch of patches and make them available for free at some point.

https://soundcloud.com/unease-1/upstairs-at-daves

BR,
Tommy

chysn

Re: Pro-3 versions of Yazoo songs
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2021, 06:48:10 AM »
This is absolutely amazing! The attention to detail in "Situation" particularly pushed the nostalgia buttons, although they were all excellent.

If I recall correctly, Upstairs at Eric's was very Pro One-heavy. It might even have been mostly Pro One. It's an album that holds up well today, and makes one say, "Moog who?"
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2021, 08:14:25 AM »
This is absolutely amazing! The attention to detail in "Situation" particularly pushed the nostalgia buttons, although they were all excellent.

If I recall correctly, Upstairs at Eric's was very Pro One-heavy. It might even have been mostly Pro One. It's an album that holds up well today, and makes one say, "Moog who?"

Thanks! Yes, Vince used a Pro-One for many of the sounds on that album but I think the ARP 2600 might have been used just as much. Several of the sounds require three oscillators so that would lead you to think they were made on the ARP. Many of the bass sounds I think have the typical Pro-One flavor though, like e.g. in Don't Go.

S Y Z Y G Y X

• WWW.SYZYGYXMUSIC.COM
    • S Y Z Y G Y X
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2021, 06:37:56 AM »
Holy shit you did an amazing work at recreating these Yaz tracks!  They are one of my favorite synth pop.  Wow I壇 love to have these sounds to load up and just have fun with, I知 definitely down for the patches! 

Great work again man I知 very impressed.
SEQUENTIAL Pro 3, DSI Prophet 12, DSI Prophet Rev2-8, Moog Subsequent 37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Novation Bass Station 2, BOSS VE500, MOTU Micro Lite, AKAI APC240 MKII, SSL Fusion, UAD Apollo X6, MacBook Pro 2017, ADAM A7X Monitors, Logic X
www.syzygyxmusic.com
https://syzygy-x.bandcamp.com

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2021, 12:00:08 AM »
Holy shit you did an amazing work at recreating these Yaz tracks!  They are one of my favorite synth pop.  Wow I壇 love to have these sounds to load up and just have fun with, I知 definitely down for the patches! 

Great work again man I知 very impressed.

Thanks! I'd like to make some more patches so I have full bank before I make them available. Love your music by the way, right up my alley! (I knew about your music before I was at this forum by the way  :) )

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2021, 07:03:26 PM »
would you sell these patches?

chysn

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2021, 07:44:21 PM »
would you sell these patches?

He said he'd make them available for free. What are you doing, man?  :)
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2021, 07:58:45 AM »
Hi all!
Some of you might already have listened to this demo that I did using only my Pro-3. I've tried to recreate some of the early songs by Yazoo, mostly from Upstairs at Eric's. All sounds, including drums, are directly from the Pro-3 using only the internal effects. My plan is to put together a batch of patches and make them available for free at some point.

https://soundcloud.com/unease-1/upstairs-at-daves

BR,
Tommy

Congrats !!! I love this sounds & musics from Yazoo (Vince Clarke and his Pro 1)
Prophet X & Pro 3

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2021, 11:36:31 AM »
Really well done!  Hats off!

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2021, 12:00:16 PM »
Upstairs at Erics is one of my all time favourite albums. Great set of sounds. Nobody's Diary in particular. Look forward to you releasing these

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2021, 12:53:23 PM »
I致e said it before and I値l say it again, this is just amazing! A release of, say, 99 Vince inspired sounds would be totally awesome.

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2021, 02:17:26 PM »
Thanks guys! I値l definitely release the patches. I知 thinking of creating an 80s bank including some other patches inspired by e.g. early Eurythmics and Depeche Mode.