The Official Sequential/DSI Forum

Using Pro 3 with Logic Pro X

Using Pro 3 with Logic Pro X
« on: February 12, 2021, 09:13:14 AM »
I am trying to find the best way to use the Pro 3 and Logic Pro X together. I would like to keep all of the sequencer functions on the Pro 3. I've tried setting it to both In / Out, driving Logic and following Logic. I am sure it's a newbie issue, but it's a mess. Sometimes the keys don't work on the keyboard, sometimes when I start recording in Logic the Pro 3 will start, sometimes it doesn't (with exactly the same settings!).

Any tips on the setup on each side that works best? I do not have as many problems getting my Yamaha synth to talk to Logic, but then the Yamaha don't sound like my Pro 3. Got to figure this out...

Re: Using Pro 3 with Logic Pro X
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 04:54:23 PM »
I can't believe no one uses the Pro 3 with Logic Pro X? What about you folks using other DAWs. What have been the optimal settings for you on both sides?

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2021, 04:29:37 PM »
I can't believe no one uses the Pro 3 with Logic Pro X? What about you folks using other DAWs. What have been the optimal settings for you on both sides?
Hi! I am not a Logic user, but I assume you have taken care of preventing a midi loop (everything that comes out of the Pro 3 as midi information will be returned to the Pro 3 immediately, especially with a monophonic synth, this can create very strange behavior). You can test this by switching Local control on the Pro 3 to off. I am not questioning your knowledge of how midi works, it is just the first thing that came to my mind.

Best regards,

Pieter
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 04:35:39 PM by pietermeij »

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 07:38:34 PM »
Pieter,

Yes, thank you. I appreciate the feedback, and I do have LOCAL CONTROL set to OFF. Someone posted the settings for Ableton and Iíve used those with some success. Honestly the best thing seems to be to be to set the BPM the same on both and just record and do multiple takes in Logic, or move the audio after the fact if need be.

Surprising that itís not easier to make them work together for something like a live performance.

Andrew