SCI Drumtraks Repair Information Request

SCI Drumtraks Repair Information Request
« on: February 10, 2021, 06:20:22 PM »
Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone has a Drumtraks and whether that have had to fix/repair it at all. I have attached the issue and assembly for the SCI Drumtraks data entry buttons (differ from the pad buttons). It seems that the degradation of the silicone contact nipple wall displaces the contact pad enough to cause loss of function - I'm suprised they lasted this long.

I am desperately searching for a replacement (I have tried all the vintage parts sellers I can find on the web; also sent mail to switch manufacturers for a possible solution). As there isn't any readily identifiable markings on the button and no information I can find through SCI, I was wondering if some guru or a mate of DS's will be obliging :). The closest I can find is in the attachment from NKK but not being an electronics wiz I'm not sure I could make these work.

Anyway, thanks for reading; any help will be very much appreciated!

chysn

Re: SCI Drumtraks Repair Information Request
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 04:25:56 AM »
Did you try Wine Country? They don’t specifically list this part, but they got their hands on a lot of stuff, and they do repairs. I can vouch for their good work on vintage Sequential stuff; they whipped a Prophet 10 into shape for my store in the 90s, when their website looked exactly the same.

http://www.winecountrysequential.com/page17.html
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 04:28:43 AM by chysn »
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 04:27:48 PM »
Yes, thank you though. I've mailed all the ususal vintage folks without luck. I'm guessing that it's not something that is useable from a deconstructed machine that is stripped for parts - same issue will exist I dare say. Just thought maybe someone has found an alternative from current stock.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 04:36:02 PM by Alphalux »

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 04:54:44 PM »
Yes, thank you though. I've mailed all the ususal vintage folks without luck. I'm guessing that it's not something that is useable from a deconstructed machine that is stripped for parts - same issue will exist I dare say. Just thought maybe someone has found an alternative from current stock.

Where are you based? Gear-repair guru Greg M in Oakland, CA says he has done a bit of work with Drumtraks. He'd be worth contacting, perhaps...

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2021, 08:07:15 PM »
Thank you for the contact. I'm in Australia so I'm trying to exhaust all avenues before shipping it overseas. Thank you very much for the reply though, appreciated!

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2021, 04:30:02 AM »
I'd like to update my success with the the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzWzpqgSbl4&list=PLi06pK_ymuTJwXvaj7BJNpZRItg7kwj5N

Cheers!!!

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2021, 03:23:47 PM »