Examples of wave sequencing on the Poly/Evolver?

Examples of wave sequencing on the Poly/Evolver?
« on: February 08, 2021, 08:51:24 AM »
Ok so I JUST realized that the waves in the digital oscillators can be sequenced; I had just been treating them as plain old oscillators.  I'll be playing with this some, but I've never really done much wave sequencing, so I'm curious if anyone has any video/patch examples of a really useful musical use of this, or any pointers in terms of what waves to use in a sequence and why.  Like is it similar to the Wavestate where it creates a sort of timbre sequence that becomes a rhythmic underbed to the sound, or are there other ways to use it?  And if like the Wavestate, are there some general principles to follow for certain timbre effects?  Naturally I checked YT and didn't find anything so far.

Re: Examples of wave sequencing on the Poly/Evolver?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 09:48:22 AM »
They sure can.  I use the Soundtower PEK editor.  Takes a little getting used that sequencer control to but the results are quite nice.  Blending between osc 3 & 4 in and out with LFO's is also a nice effect with the digital shapes.    The onboard wave shapes are quite good.  I do not have a video of this..... but I found that using closest match shapes in you sequence provides the most musical approach.  How high or low you set the vertical bar in the sequencer step governs that difference between shapes it seems. 
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

Re: Examples of wave sequencing on the Poly/Evolver?
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2021, 01:55:19 PM »
They sure can.  I use the Soundtower PEK editor.  Takes a little getting used that sequencer control to but the results are quite nice.  Blending between osc 3 & 4 in and out with LFO's is also a nice effect with the digital shapes.    The onboard wave shapes are quite good.  I do not have a video of this..... but I found that using closest match shapes in you sequence provides the most musical approach.  How high or low you set the vertical bar in the sequencer step governs that difference between shapes it seems.

Ok thanks!  I actually just put it up on Reverb because I really won't have the space for it later this year, but I'm sorta hoping no one buys it, because of stuff like this.  :D