Tempest Sound Exchange on midi.link

Tempest Sound Exchange on midi.link
« on: February 03, 2021, 07:28:13 PM »
Hey all, I built a small web app for Tempest users to exchange patches.

It's in beta still, more features will be added, bugs might be encountered, but you're welcome to try it out at https://midi.link.

To use
- Connect your Tempest to your computer via USB
- Go to https://midi.link
- Accept the MIDI control prompt from your browser

Importing sounds to your Tempest
- On your Tempest, select the pad you want the sound to be sent
- On midi.link, click the "Send To Device" button below a patch. This will load the sound onto the selected pad.

Sharing patches
- Create an account. Click "login" then "login with google".
- Once logged in, click "Add Patch" at the top.
- On the add page, name your patch.
- On your tempest, select the pad you want to share. Click "Save/Load" on your Tempest. Then click "Export Sound Over MIDI".
- Back on midi.link, the MIDI data section should be populated. Click "Add Patch".

If you all hit any bugs, or have any feedback, feel free to share, or DM on Twitter @_midi_link

Re: Tempest Sound Exchange on midi.link
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 11:04:51 AM »
Very nice! Thanks a lot.
I'll try this tomorrow in my studio!

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 05:03:37 PM »
Very nice! Thanks a lot.
I'll try this tomorrow in my studio!

Cool, any feedback more than welcome. The patch selection is still pretty limited, but hoping more users share their patches with the community to help it grow. Some updates in the works  :)

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2021, 12:34:03 PM »
Hi!

I tried midi.link today, very cool!

a few thoughts:

- I could not star any patch when I logged in (google account) for the first time. It worked when I reopened chrome
- my google account is simply my name, but on your site I'm user_ky5SanInJybSIvNIZqQoJwHOzlG3, is this normal?
- I found some cool patches! Thank you!
- I think the GUI should be more compact, less scrolling,  I like previewing new patches high-speed :)
- I don't know if there's any added value in seeing the numerical info? maybe cool? maybe unnecessary?
- it would be nice to have a graphical preview of a patch (waveform data, like freesound.org), but I realise that would be very much work/time to generate
- when uploading a patch, I could be nice to place some comments

Most important thought: nice work!!

hugo

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2021, 06:41:01 AM »
Hi!

I tried midi.link today, very cool!

a few thoughts:

- I could not star any patch when I logged in (google account) for the first time. It worked when I reopened chrome
- my google account is simply my name, but on your site I'm user_ky5SanInJybSIvNIZqQoJwHOzlG3, is this normal?
- I found some cool patches! Thank you!
- I think the GUI should be more compact, less scrolling,  I like previewing new patches high-speed :)
- I don't know if there's any added value in seeing the numerical info? maybe cool? maybe unnecessary?
- it would be nice to have a graphical preview of a patch (waveform data, like freesound.org), but I realise that would be very much work/time to generate
- when uploading a patch, I could be nice to place some comments

Most important thought: nice work!!

hugo

Thanks for the feedback!

- I'll check out the star on login thing, sounds like a bug.
- You can updated your username by clicking your generated username -> update profile
- Will most likely make it more compact. I thought the patch data was cool, but doesn't serve much of a purpose. As I'm working on adding other instruments, some of the other patch data length is way too long, so it's going to have to get cut.
- Graphical data is unfortunately impossible cause Sequential doesn't share how to unpack MIDI data for the Tempest.
- Definitely adding comments  ;D