Paraphonic + Wavetable LFO Note Priority

Paraphonic + Wavetable LFO Note Priority
« on: February 02, 2021, 10:25:32 PM »
I just came across this behavior. There’s no low note priority if the 3rd oscillator in LFO mode. I remember low note priority was something added in a firmware update. Seems like it should behave the same with Osc 3 in LFO mode. Or are you all finding that behavior useful?

Steps to reproduce:
1. Turn oscillator 3 to LFO mode
2. Turn on Paraphonic mode
3. Play low note then a higher one and then another higher one

Expected result: The low note keeps playing

Actual result: The round robin steals the oscillator playing the low note to play the higher one.

chysn

Re: Paraphonic + Wavetable LFO Note Priority
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 10:58:03 AM »
I just came across this behavior. There’s no low note priority if the 3rd oscillator in LFO mode.

On my Pro 3 (1.1.0), low note priority is greyed out whenever paraphonic mode is on, regardless of the Oscillator 3 LFO setting. Certainly it would be nice for the low note to stay held. But I haven't had a polyphonic synth for so long that I don't really remember how they usually behave.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

timboréale

• MIDI nerd
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 11:52:44 AM »
As a rule, polysynths are ALWAYS last note priority, unless they're in some mono mode such as unison. They don't make sense otherwise.
Prophet 6 keyboard, Rev2-16, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Nords, etc...

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 01:41:18 PM »
True but paraphonics are different since you can do neat things like hold a bass note while playing a lead or simple chord on the same synth voice. And that is how the Pro-3 handles priority—just not with the LFO mode on Osc 3 engaged.

timboréale

• MIDI nerd
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 01:57:47 PM »
Yes, I know. I was responding to @chysn's comment, not yours. I don't have a Pro3 to discuss the specifics, just chiming in on the poly side.  ;)
Prophet 6 keyboard, Rev2-16, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Nords, etc...

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2021, 08:03:25 AM »
I just came across this behavior. There’s no low note priority if the 3rd oscillator in LFO mode. I remember low note priority was something added in a firmware update. Seems like it should behave the same with Osc 3 in LFO mode. Or are you all finding that behavior useful?

Steps to reproduce:
1. Turn oscillator 3 to LFO mode
2. Turn on Paraphonic mode
3. Play low note then a higher one and then another higher one

Expected result: The low note keeps playing

Actual result: The round robin steals the oscillator playing the low note to play the higher one.

Good observation. I was also experimenting with this, which lead me to this forum looking for answers. You would normally expect it to behave the way the odyssey or the sub37 do duophonic.

I really hope someone at sequential could read this post and do something about it. I know many more people will bump into this "issue".