gated sequencer sync issue

gated sequencer sync issue
« on: February 02, 2021, 10:49:44 AM »
when I am using the gated sequencer for rhythmic modulations, how do I get the sequences per voice to play together on the beat without resetting every time I press a key? what it is doing right now is completely useless when playing through a chord progression. here are my sequence or settings: track one destination is set to osc all freq, Mode is set to no gate no reset. I need to create some rhythmic modulations for a couple songs I'm doing in the band but all I'm getting is a chaotic mess. is there anyway to fix this problem?

Re: gated sequencer sync issue
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 06:41:54 AM »
If its like a simple tremelo use an LFO instead

timboréale

• MIDI nerd
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 08:13:39 AM »
The gated sequencer does not sync the start of the sequence except to note events from either the keyboard, MIDI, or the audio SEQ input, per page 59 of the manual. It can respect the MIDI clock for the *speed* of the sequence, but not the start point. If you need to sync the start of the sequence, you need to send a note event or sequencer start pulse via one of the aforementioned three methods. It's called a "gated" sequencer for a reason!
Prophet 6 keyboard, Rev2-16, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Nords, etc...

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2021, 05:17:13 PM »
I figured my issue out. it was caused by me playing notes when the sequencer was in normal mode, then switching it to no gate no reset. when I switch programs and switch back to the one I saved with the gated sequence, the notes sync perfectly. i'm going to have a lot of fun with this sequencer now. today I was able to successfully re-create the keyboard sound on won't get fooled again by The Who using the gated sequencer.