Power on behavior

Power on behavior
« on: January 30, 2021, 10:32:43 AM »
I don't understand the power on behavior for my Prophet X. Every time I turn it on it starts in program A1 P1 (in my case this is a blank program which is annoying, and maybe a separate issue?). So I always navigate to something else. Previously I thought that on power up it would start in a program I had been using when I last powered off (e.g., maybe I was in 32v Rhodes Trem last so when I power up it starts there).

Is this something that's set someplace? What's the behavior on yours, or what is it supposed to do? Thanks!

Re: Power on behavior
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 10:57:03 AM »
A new default preset is recorded whenever you exit Global mode.  So changing it is fairly straightforward: select the preset you want to have when you power on, and press the Global button twice.

Why doesn't it get saved when you power off?  Unlike a computer, the switch isn't a request to begin a gentle power down cycle - it's a hard power cutoff that makes it impossible for the system to react.  It just ceases all meaningful activity at the moment you flip it, and has to start from scratch when you turn it back on using whatever has been intentionally stored to come back to an operational state.

Re: Power on behavior
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 11:14:08 PM »
So helpful and makes perfect sense. Thanks!