How are you liking BETA OS: v1.6.6?

How are you liking BETA OS: v1.6.6?
« on: January 29, 2021, 05:36:23 AM »
I have the previous Beta and feel concerned about this one as some people are saying that the Vintage knob now effects the tuning more (which already seems like too much to me).  Is this true?  The notes do not say anything about the Vintage being changed at all.  Could the programmer please let us know what has change on Vintage if anything at all?   On a side note on my wish list is that all the aspects of the Vintage be adjustable by the user - maybe a pipe dream?

Re: How are you liking BETA OS: v1.6.6?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 02:52:32 PM »
After 1.6.3 I noticed that aftertouch sounded super stepped. I thought, "maybe it was like that before and I just didn't notice it somehow?" Then I came on the forums, and sure enough, 1.6.6 fixed it. Now it only steps at the extreme end of it's range, so it uses whatever resolution real estate it has to make sure you can do vibrato and tremolo and other aftertouch stuff smoothly. Vintage knob sounds pretty similar and pretty awesome. I was hoping it would be more randomized- it sound like it's still 6 set values that are just slightly spread rather than unison. But it still sounds amazing. Anyway...short answer is that if the aftertouch behavior doesn't bother you, and you're not using MPE, you won't notice anything. Otherwise, you will be glad for the update.

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 02:59:43 AM »
Hi,

I can't find the link for 1.6.6 anywhere. When I go to the prophet 6 forum and see the 1.6.6 update notification it just takes me through to the official 1.5.9 version.

How do I update?

Thanks

Sean

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 06:40:50 AM »
I just looked. It’s there.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 06:43:52 AM by thirteen_engines »
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

blewis

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2021, 01:27:32 PM »
https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,97.0.html

Hi,

I can't find the link for 1.6.6 anywhere. When I go to the prophet 6 forum and see the 1.6.6 update notification it just takes me through to the official 1.5.9 version.

How do I update?

Thanks

Sean

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2021, 04:51:20 AM »
Not sure if this is a bug or not but I'm 99% sure that before upgrading to v1.6.6 I could turn effects A and B off individually with the on/off button. Now using this button it turns on or off both effects A and B simultaneously. Owned the Prophet  6 from new when they first came out and this is the first firmware upgrade I've done.

Can anyone else confirm?

Cheers

Mike

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2021, 05:47:09 AM »
Not sure if this is a bug or not but I'm 99% sure that before upgrading to v1.6.6 I could turn effects A and B off individually with the on/off button. Now using this button it turns on or off both effects A and B simultaneously. Owned the Prophet  6 from new when they first came out and this is the first firmware upgrade I've done.

Hi Mike. I don’t recall there being any change in the effects on/off switch. As far as I can recall (bearing in mind that I’m an old git now and my memory isn’t what it once was), effects have always been turned on and off individually in the effects selection area. It would be easy enough to check by loading up firmware version 1.5.9 and comparing. I may give that a try myself when I get the chance.

Cheers,

Keith
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 05:48:57 AM by thirteen_engines »
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2021, 05:59:11 AM »

Hi Mike. I don’t recall there being any change in the effects on/off switch. As far as I can recall (bearing in mind that I’m an old git now and my memory isn’t what it once was), effects have always been turned on and off individually in the effects selection area. It would be easy enough to check by loading up firmware version 1.5.9 and comparing. I may give that a try myself when I get the chance.

Cheers,

Keith

Hiya Keith,

Thank you for your kind reply! Actually, I'm positive that the on/off button in the effects section turned on and off effects A and B individually and not both at the same time. My manual is Version 1.0 June 2015 so my Prophet was running an early, if not the earliest firmware! Can't remember exactly which one now....

It's not a huge issue, just thought it was worth highlighting. The flanger 2 is quite noisy too but I don't remember if this was the case before upgrading....

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2021, 06:51:46 AM »
Hi Mike. I guess I won't do a backdate then. I did, however look for previous firmware versions on my Mac and to my surprise, found several versions going back to 1.40! Old git memory problems I guess. Anyway, if you or anyone reading this wants an older firmware version, I have several that I can send along.

Cheers,

Keith