patch base evolver editor has built in waveform editor

patch base evolver editor has built in waveform editor
« on: January 29, 2021, 05:24:02 AM »
Hey peeple,
I just wanted to put it out there that the patch base evolver editor (ios / mac) has a waveform editor where you can draw your own waves.  I didn't realize that until I downloaded it and started using it.  That means you don't have to fool around with other software to make and upload waveforms to the evolver's user slots, you can do it right in the editor and store as many as you want on the ipad.  I really like the editor for setting up patches but I wouldn't say it is for live tweaking because the interface is a little on the crowded side and parameter changes are smoothed or buffered (i.e. getting snappy wah wah effects with the filter or quick chromatic tone changes with the oscillator frequency 'knobs' isn't really possible).

Re: patch base evolver editor has built in waveform editor
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 09:51:02 AM »
Yes.  I really like the Soundtower editor of PEK.  From my vantage point it was ahead of its time with the sequencer and waveshape aspects.
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

Re: patch base evolver editor has built in waveform editor
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 07:43:53 PM »
Yes.  I really like the Soundtower editor of PEK.  From my vantage point it was ahead of its time with the sequencer and waveshape aspects.

Yeah but the PEK editor is only available in standalone mode.  Sadly they never made a PlugSE version for the PEK.