Firwmware Update failed... :-(

Firwmware Update failed... :-(
« on: May 16, 2016, 12:21:02 PM »
Hello,

I just tried to downgrade my Prophet 6 from 1.2.0 to the latest official upadte (1.1) from DSI website.
I received the unit with 1.2.0 as a B-Stock from the dealer.
The countdown, while doing the Sysex-Transfer was going down from 999... to 1, but at "1" ot froze for 30 minutes. I then turned the unit on and of again. Now it froze, showing the "6".
I tried to reset the unit, by pressing "Globals" and "Write"
Now I see some animation on the display.. it is going on and on and nothing happens. (since more than 30 minutes) :-(
(see pic, this is not frozen, its just the pic of the ongoing animation)

Does anyone know, what is going on here?  :-\

Re: Firwmware Update failed... :-(
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 03:58:47 PM »
How did u end up fixing it? mine is doing same thing

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 02:20:31 PM »
The current official OS is 1.4.0.

If your unit failed to update properly and it is bricked/frozen, you can still update it using the boot loader recovery mode via MIDI DIN only (no USB). Hold Write while powering up and you will see an animation on the main display, which lets you know you are in recovery mode. Send the OS update again via MIDI DIN and it should update properly.

Refer to the OS update instructions for potential MIDI utility configuration settings:

http://www.davesmithinstruments.com/updating-the-prophet-6-os/

If you're still having trouble after that, please contact our dedicated support channel: support (at) davesmithinstruments.com
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 08:50:34 AM »
If your unit failed to update properly and it is bricked/frozen, you can still update it using the boot loader recovery mode via MIDI DIN only (no USB). Hold Write while powering up and you will see an animation on the main display, which lets you know you are in recovery mode. Send the OS update again via MIDI DIN and it should update properly.

Wow this actually worked for my OB-6...after being stuck at version 1.3.7 and 20 tries to update (midi din and usb) to the latest OS I found this quote here and it worked out of the box :) thanx