Prophet 6 broken Pitchwheel

Prophet 6 broken Pitchwheel
« on: February 01, 2021, 03:36:51 PM »
Hey there,

I own a Prophet 6 for five months now. It's kind of my third one, as the first two had problems with their pitchwheels. One didn't work, the other was loose in it's case.
The same thing seems to be happened to my third one. Last week I wondered why the Prophet seems to be not perfectly in tune as always and just about 10 minutes ago i recognized, that the pitchwheel is loose in it's case. You can push it a little bit to the left and the Prophet will be constantly flat. Same for the other direction (sharp in this case).

I have warranty and all but: Does anyone have the same issue? Am I doing smth wrong or is it just bad luck having three of them be broken? Or is this a minor issue with a loose spring or something that I can fix on my own?

Greetings

Timo

Re: Prophet 6 broken Pitchwheel
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 07:05:35 AM »
When I first got my P6 the mod wheel was a bit loose. I contacted Sequential and they came back with a complete description, including photos, of what to do to tighten it up. I have never had such stellar service from a company and I would suggest that you try contacting Sequential and letting them know about your problem.

Keith
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

Re: Prophet 6 broken Pitchwheel
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2021, 11:09:08 AM »
Hey Keith,

did just that and it worked out perfectly fine. I love Sequential!

Greetings

Timo