Prophet 12 transport cases

timboréale

• MIDI nerd
Prophet 12 transport cases
« on: January 25, 2021, 12:37:04 PM »
Hello all,

What cases are (were, heh) you using to transport your P12 to gigs or between studios? I'm considering the SKB 3i-4214-TKBD listed on the Sequential website as an accessory, but I'm a little weirded out by the fact that while it's listed under Prophet 12 accessories it says "Rev2" on it and it's supposedly 0.5" too thin (internal dimensions) to accommodate the P12 - although that's likely padding and can be compressed. I wrote Support and they said they weren't familiar with it but anything posted to their website is supposed to be correct...

The other option is the Mono 61-key keyboard case which is an excellent choice, but not a hardcase.

What are your thoughts for gigging or studio transport of these now-nearly-irreplaceable units?
Prophet 6 keyboard, Rev2-16, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Nords, etc...

Re: Prophet 12 transport cases
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 04:23:04 AM »
I purchased this Thon case from Thomann, its a perfect custom fit for the Prophet 12. The build quality is decent and the price is very reasonable. Only used it once, but it seems like a pretty good option to transport the P12 safely and securely.

https://www.thomann.de/intl/ca/thon_keyboard_case_pvc_prophet_12.htm
Prophet 10 (Rev 4), OB-X8, Prophet 12,OB-6, Pro 2, Waldorf Quantum, MemoryMoog Plus

Re: Prophet 12 transport cases
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2021, 07:33:06 AM »
I purchased this Thon case from Thomann, its a perfect custom fit for the Prophet 12. The build quality is decent and the price is very reasonable. Only used it once, but it seems like a pretty good option to transport the P12 safely and securely.

https://www.thomann.de/intl/ca/thon_keyboard_case_pvc_prophet_12.htm

I can't speak for the Prophet 12, but my recently purchased Thon case carried my Prophet 6 safely from Berlin to California only days ago. Super snug fit. All I can say is I wish I'd purchased a Thon case for my Pro One as well!