Korg listens....

Re: Korg listens....
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 01:02:41 AM »

A Thousand Eyes

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 08:29:46 AM »
Wonder if that means a 61-key op-six might also be on the cards.
Of course it is, just like the Modwave.

This is however not what many of us were asking for. There's so much menu diving and so much space wasted. This is about as lazy as Elektron slapping the Digitone to the side of a keybed.

chysn

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 07:23:53 PM »
Being my third-most-beloved synth maker (behind Sequential and Make Noise), and I always eagerly follow Korg's more innovative releases.

I've owned a couple Wavestations, the SR and the original keyboard (before they expanded the waveform memory). Whatever the degree of menu diving on the Wavestate SE actually is, those knobs suggest that it's way less than the original!

These days, I have a Wavestation in software in the form of the Korg Legacy Collection. It doesn't have the lanes and extra settings of the Wavestate, but the sound takes me way back.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

A Thousand Eyes

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 08:36:25 PM »
Comparing it to a synth that's over three decades old from an era where the interfaces were notoriously streamlined to the point where many users looked at those instruments as preset machines is not exactly a high bar. Plus the Wavestate is deeper.

It is what it is, Korg sees their path in following a pretty blatant formula, which Modal seems to have caught onto. If this allows them to operate in the stacked field of lower to mid range instruments, then more power to them. On top of that they'll likely continue to follow their formula for mid to higher end reissues.

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2021, 08:43:49 PM »
I'll be grabbing this for sure and if the OPSix SE comes to fruitions then I will grab that as well.

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2021, 11:54:25 AM »
Wonder if that means a 61-key op-six might also be on the cards.
Of course it is, just like the Modwave.

This is however not what many of us were asking for. There's so much menu diving and so much space wasted. This is about as lazy as Elektron slapping the Digitone to the side of a keybed.

Not sure about that, the wavestate and the modwave are from one development team and the opsix from another. I course I could hopefully be wrong though.

A Thousand Eyes

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2021, 12:30:58 PM »
I course I could hopefully be wrong though.

I mean, just by looking at the format of all three, I'd wager you are. It really doesn't take any great analytical mind to extrapolate to that assumption.