Has anybody ever seen the 8Dio packs go on sale?

Has anybody ever seen the 8Dio packs go on sale?
« on: January 20, 2021, 03:00:56 PM »
Ever?

Re: Has anybody ever seen the 8Dio packs go on sale?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 03:02:25 PM »
Ever?

Or is anybody selling some? Can you sell them once you put them in to the prophet X?

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 12:06:31 PM »
Ever?

Or is anybody selling some? Can you sell them once you put them in to the prophet X?

Yes they are sometimes on sale. I purchased a few, but would not have paid full price for them.

The answer to your other question is no. They are licensed exclusively to an individual and non-transferable.

See the 8dio license agreement

https://8dio.com/licensing-agreement/

Specifically

This license is non-transferable and expressly forbids resale or lease of the product.

And

Please note that the product has been embedded with a digital watermark specific to the serial number you have been given for this product.  If the product ends up in other people’s music, you will be held legally responsible, so we ask you to keep this product for yourself.  You further agree to take all reasonable steps to protect this product from unauthorized copying or use.

So a definite no-no.
Regards
Derek

----------

Prophet X, Yamaha Montage 7, SY99, TG77, EX5R, AN1x, FS1r, Motif Rack ES (with PLG150-AN and PLG150-VL), Korg Kronos X61, Nord G2 Engine, and way too many VSTis!

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 11:44:34 PM »
Top man! Thanks

I think it’s their 10 year anniversary this year 👍

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 12:16:59 PM »
Anyone who purchases a Prophet X or XL between December 7th and May 31st 2021 will be offered a free $300 voucher for any of the official 8Dio Prophet X/XL add-ons.
I did get mine yesterday :D

https://8dio.com/2021/02/12/prophet-x-and-xl-promotion-2/