Problem with triggering notes - Reverse Behaviour?

Problem with triggering notes - Reverse Behaviour?
« on: January 19, 2021, 06:18:53 PM »
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows what's happening in this instance - twice today, I was playing the synth and suddenly pressing the keys stopped the notes from sounding but releasing the keys let the notes play.   It was if the role of the keyboard was reversed.

Did I press something?   The only way I could stop it was by powering the Pro3 off.

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Re: Problem with triggering notes - Reverse Behaviour?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 10:23:22 PM »
I reported this problem months ago, and Sequential has apparently reproduced and (hopefully) has a fix for whenever they manage to release a firmware update (cmon guys!).

For now, use DIN MIDI (not USB), it won't eliminate the problem entirely, but it will make it much less frequent.

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 12:37:17 AM »
Thank you,  ok....kind of good to know I'm not alone.-

I'm not sure what you mean by MIDI? I am just using the PRO 3 on its own and playing the Pro3 keyboard.  That is where I had the "triggering reversal"

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2021, 12:15:04 PM »

I'm not sure what you mean by MIDI? I am just using the PRO 3 on its own and playing the Pro3 keyboard.  That is where I had the "triggering reversal"

Oh interesting. I was having the problem when using the instrument with MIDI connections, but apparently it's a general issue which is triggered by ... something? Maybe @pym or @cbmd can provide information as to the status of this bug.

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2021, 05:30:26 PM »

Have you updated your firmware to the latest version. I seem to recall this problem may have been fixed in an update.

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2021, 05:55:50 PM »
Thanks!

Actually, I did update the firmware this morning and I have no problems with odd triggering since.  I'm hopeful that's gone, but I will report if otherwise.

This evening I did have two instances of notes suddenly droning though. (As if I was pressing a sustain pedal.)   Switching programs stopped them.   Kind of unsettling...

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2021, 07:19:56 PM »
I thought I would add to my last post  - it's been over a week and I haven't had any issues since last writing. 

Hoping that's the end of all that!

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2021, 10:01:08 AM »
This problem is still yet to be fixed, support confirmed they can reproduce it but there hasn’t been a firmware update since then. If it shows up, just power cycle the Pro 3. Luckily this bug coincides with a live music hiatus! :D

Moho

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2021, 08:09:55 PM »
Well after about 6 months since it happened last, it happened again today.
No idea what caused it, I was using it purely as a controller, so not moving any knobs or switches and hooked up by midi not USB.
I was half way through recording 16 bars when it happened, so I had 8  bars of normal triggering and 8 inverted.
Playing a short plucked sound with no sustain made it really confusing, so at first it just sounded like either the worst midi lag ever or I was having a stroke  :o

Hopefully there's a fix coming soon.

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2021, 11:51:45 AM »
Good to see it's known and addressed. It happens here all the time, i.e. every 10 minutes or 200 notes or something like that, when using the Pro3 in "Local Off" or "Local Keys And Wheels". With "Local On", I've not experienced this bug yet.

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2021, 12:13:35 PM »
Good to see it's known and addressed. It happens here all the time, i.e. every 10 minutes or 200 notes or something like that, when using the Pro3 in "Local Off" or "Local Keys And Wheels". With "Local On", I've not experienced this bug yet.
Probably would be good to give that info to support if you haven’t. It could help them reproduce and identify the cause.

It happened to me once when I first got it many firmwares ago but never since.

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2024, 08:34:42 AM »
This happens to me every single time i use the Take 5. the midi notes are flipped after about 3 minutes. its awful. makes the keyboard useless as a controller all together