Korg ARP Odyssey Ins and Outs

Sacred Synthesis

Re: Korg ARP Odyssey Ins and Outs
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2021, 02:28:15 PM »
I thought it was closer to $5,000.  $3,400 is certainly better, but I'm out of cash for a while.  But the 2600 is my dream instrument, and the only synthesizer on the horizon that really gets me excited.

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2021, 04:48:48 PM »
I thought it was closer to $5,000.  $3,400 is certainly better, but I'm out of cash for a while.  But the 2600 is my dream instrument, and the only synthesizer on the horizon that really gets me excited.

While a full size one would be nice I think the smaller Korg version would be just as good. I just hope Korg do more ARP recreations, an OMNI or even a dedicated sequencer. I would love to get the Antonus Step Brother but it's the size of my Prophet 6! Would like something a bit more smaller.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2021, 05:41:24 PM »
I find the Korg ARP Odyssey Module sliders to be as small as is manageable.  The oscillator fine tune is extremely sensitive, so that I find it necessary to adjust it with the softest tap from the back of my finger nail.  Often that's too much.  The 2600 Mini would be all the more difficult for delicate adjustments.  But I agree it will still be an attractive instrument.

I agree about the further ARP reissues, as long as they have a few modern additions, as the Odyssey does.  I would love to see the Omni 2 available again, as well as the Solus.  The latter was a remarkably simple but powerful instrument that didn't get much of a life span.  It's certainly the rarest of ARP's mono synths.  And then there's the Quadra....Sigh....But it would probably cost a small fortune.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 05:43:54 PM by Sacred Synthesis »