Having trouble understanding how to implement ties (for legato)

RAFH

Having trouble understanding how to implement ties (for legato)
« on: January 18, 2021, 09:57:21 PM »
 ???

Soooo. Inputting a tie into the sequencer is easy enough. However, It simply ties that single note. I also have tried inputting a bunch of notes in the sequencer, with one two different note's duration set to 100%, and the rest quite low, and it still doesn't cause any legato into the subsequent note. In the manual, it seems to explicitly talk about ties and duration (gate) being their own thing, but for the life of me, I simply cannot seem to get any sort of behavior out of messing with the gate/duration length.

If anyone can share their workflow into how one can go about getting legato out of the sequencer , it would be much appreciated...and without using the glide turned up haha  ;)
Sequential Pro-3, Elektron Analog Heat MK2, Elektron Analog RYTM MK2, Elektron Analog Four MK2, Pioneer Toraiz SP-16, Behringer TD-3, 104hp Modular Synth w/Mutable Instruments modules, 48hp Modular FX box with Intellijel Rainmaker and Audio I/O, Eventide H9 MAX

Re: Having trouble understanding how to implement ties (for legato)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 10:26:56 PM »
Glide/legato is pretty limited on the sequencer. You can either tie notes--but only the same note. Or use the global slew, but that applies to all notes. It's kind of annoying that this standard feature isn't part of the sequencer.

https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,4536.msg45614.html#msg45614