Prophet 08 Patches on Mopho x4?

Prophet 08 Patches on Mopho x4?
« on: January 18, 2021, 10:48:00 AM »
Hi everyone,

I own a few DSI synths (and a Sequential one) and it's starting to occur to me that elements of the Prophet 08, Tetra, and Mopho share the same sound engine.

Is it easy to add Prophet 08 patches to my MophoX4, or is there a trick to it?  Am I able to add Tetra patches as well?

I am.just beginning my search, and am finding files here and there on the 'net...but it's confusing.  I'm hoping someone has a clear answer of what is possible and if these files exist.

Thanks for reading! :)

chysn

Re: Prophet 08 Patches on Mopho x4?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 08:31:40 PM »
I own a few DSI synths (and a Sequential one) and it's starting to occur to me that elements of the Prophet 08, Tetra, and Mopho share the same sound engine.

Well, yeah. The Mopho was originally advertised as one voice the Prophet '08. You can transfer Prophet '08 programs to your X4. To go between the Mopho and the Tetra, you'll need to do a dump in the appropriate format, selecting from the menu.

Now, as I recall (and this is reaching way back to my Mopho days...), Prophet '08 patches contain two layered voices, which is something the Mopho doesn't have. So you'll only get one of the voices in a program dump.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 09:32:58 AM »
Thank you,

I own a Mopho and Mopho x4 (as well as a Pro 2 and Pro3)

I was interested in using the 08 patches on my MophoX4.   I guess I will try to send them via Sysex and see what happens!   
Would Tetra patches work as well on my X4?

Thank you for taking the time to reply. :)

chysn

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 09:35:03 AM »
I was interested in using the 08 patches on my MophoX4.   I guess I will try to send them via Sysex and see what happens!   
Would Tetra patches work as well on my X4?

In the case of Tetra programs, I think that they'll only work if they were dumped as Mopho programs from the Tetra. I'm not so sure about this, though. I'd say, give it a try and see what happens.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his