My new prophet 06 module keeps going reverting back to preset 000

My new prophet 06 module keeps going reverting back to preset 000
« on: September 13, 2017, 11:17:05 PM »
Hey guys!

So I just got a new Prophet 6 two days ago, have updated the OS, and everything seems to work fine, except for one thing!

When I initialize a patch by holding "Preset" and clicking write, the patch initializes and we get the basic square wave with the filter wide open (like the manual suggests).

Here's the weird thing! Every time after a couple minutes, or sometimes seconds, of tweaking and shaping a sound, the prophet random resets to preset 000 (mellow brassy sound with some filter attach/decay and a bit of delay), which is the same preset that opens when you boot the machine.

Am I missing a setting somewhere? I should be able to initialize and make my own sound, instead of the machine returning to the preset settings?

Let me know!

Thanks in advance,

Joris

Re: My new prophet 06 module keeps going reverting back to preset 000
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 08:29:16 AM »

Hi,

it should work the way you told. Does this happen without any MIDI or USB connections too, if not something might send program change message and recall the stored 000.

Hope this helps,

Martin3

Re: My new prophet 06 module keeps going reverting back to preset 000
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 02:57:08 PM »

Hi,

it should work the way you told. Does this happen without any MIDI or USB connections too, if not something might send program change message and recall the stored 000.

Hope this helps,

Martin3

Hey! Thanks for getting back! I thought about that as well.. though I tried two different MIDI keyboards and it still happens, weirdly enough. I'm going to try if the problem persists when doing MIDI over USB..!

Can't really tell if it happens when nothing's plugged in, because I can't really trigger a lot then haha!