The Official Sequential/DSI Forum

Aftertouch -- too sensitive?

LPF83

Aftertouch -- too sensitive?
« on: January 16, 2021, 04:27:13 PM »
On some patches, the aftertouch is too sensitive for certain playing styles.  Even at 0, it can be hard to find the sweet spot without blasting the filter wide open (when AT button is set to filter).

One possibility would be to allow decrements below 0, to negative numbers that flatten the curve (or invert the curve even).   Ideally, the curve would level off at an increasingly lower total amount as the after touch global setting is set into the negative range, to the point where -7 has a barely detectable result no matter how much pressure is applied.
Prophet 10, Prophet 6, OB-6, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Moog SlimPhatty, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland SPD-30, Roland SPD-SX Special Edition, Roland KT-10, Maschine, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd Gen + Octopre, Strymon Pedals, Cubase Pro 11.

Re: Aftertouch -- too sensitive?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2021, 02:07:49 AM »
On some patches, the aftertouch is too sensitive for certain playing styles.  Even at 0, it can be hard to find the sweet spot without blasting the filter wide open (when AT button is set to filter).

One possibility would be to allow decrements below 0, to negative numbers that flatten the curve (or invert the curve even).   Ideally, the curve would level off at an increasingly lower total amount as the after touch global setting is set into the negative range, to the point where -7 has a barely detectable result no matter how much pressure is applied.

Yes, I have this "problem" to ....   Some sort of feature that can change the velocity curve would be nice.
Now the curve feels "convex" ( opens up to fast )   It would be nice to have it more "concave" with a
slower envelope , if thatīs possible ?

Cheers !
1976 MiniKORG700s // 1978 Prophet-5 rev.2 // 1981 KORG CX-3 // 1984 DX7 // 2020 Prophet-10 rev.4 // MoPho Box // 2 Creamware MiniMax // Creamware Pro-12 // 2 EMU-Proteus 2000 // EMU-Vintage Keys  // Casio VZ-10M // Roland VK-8M // Fatar SL 880 //

Qwave

Re: Aftertouch -- too sensitive?
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2021, 01:52:48 PM »
+1 from me.
keep on turning these knobs