OS 1.2.C - little Bug

OS 1.2.C - little Bug
« on: May 14, 2016, 12:33:24 AM »
With a previous OS-Firmware update following excellent feature was added:
"LED dot illuminates in main screen when parameter knob is set to last saved value for the Parameter"

However when testing the actual firmware I realised following:
Global Setting "Pot Mode" to "PAS"

When twisting a parameter-knob the LED-dot does not illuminate when reaching the original set parameter value the first time - you have to return to that knob-position a second time then it works as expected.

Hope I´m clear with my explanation - just try it out and you should understand what I mean...

I´m not sure if this bug is just related to the new firmware update or it was with previous firmware-Versions alreday.

Re: OS 1.2.C - little Bug
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 09:44:40 AM »
Thanks for the note. It's in previous versions too, we're looking into it.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 07:31:08 AM »
I have noticed this in my OB6 too....

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 08:17:19 AM »
I have noticed this in my OB6 too....

Could you add a post on this bug to the "OB-6 Problems" thread?

http://forum.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php/topic,491.0.html

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 04:53:58 PM »
Turns out this isn't a bug. In PassThru pot mode, the pot becomes active only *after* the saved parameter value is "passed through". In other words, you can't actually navigate to the saved parameter value until the pot has become active, and when the pot becomes active it is either one value above or one value below the saved parameter value. This is to create continuity between the saved parameter value and the pot pickup. So, this feature is working properly.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2016, 12:23:19 AM »
Thanks for your explanation.
I do understand the programming logic behind this - anyhow for a user this is rather inconvenient and reduces the advantage of having this feature significantly.
Would it be possible to change the program in that way that when you reach the original value the LED goes on?
(in that case the program has to anticipate what comes next)

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 02:39:21 PM »
It's too late for this release, but it will go on the list for a future update.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM