Prophet 6 Full polyphony only in local off

Prophet 6 Full polyphony only in local off
« on: January 14, 2021, 03:56:15 AM »
Hi everyone,

When i'm in local on i've got only 3 notes polyphony.
In local off i've got 6 notes.
Am i missing something ?

Thx ;-)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 03:57:58 AM by fkclub »

jok3r

Re: Prophet 6 Full polyphony only in local off
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 04:00:41 AM »
Sounds like you have a midi loop in your setup. If you use a DAW or other device that sends the midi commands from your synth back to your synth, it will trigger notes twice... the synth itself triggers a voice and the your DAW triggers a second one. Therefore you got half the polyphone with Local on.
Prophet Rev2, Moog Matriarch, Novation Peak, Arturia DrumBrute Impact, Korg Kronos 2 88, Kurzweil PC 361, Yamaha S90ES

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 04:08:28 AM »
Sounds like you have a midi loop in your setup. If you use a DAW or other device that sends the midi commands from your synth back to your synth, it will trigger notes twice... the synth itself triggers a voice and the your DAW triggers a second one. Therefore you got half the polyphone with Local on.

Thx a lot , you are right !!
It works if i turn off my daw.
I'm plugged with midi in and midi out.
how to cancel this loop ?

jok3r

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2021, 04:40:33 AM »
It depends on your DAW. In most DAWs you can configure in- and output ports of the channel you are using for your synth. You could stop the output back to the synth there.

Some DAWs have a monitoring setup that reads the input only when recording and sends to the output only when playing back. Perhaps you could look for something like that.
Prophet Rev2, Moog Matriarch, Novation Peak, Arturia DrumBrute Impact, Korg Kronos 2 88, Kurzweil PC 361, Yamaha S90ES

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2021, 11:38:53 AM »
It depends on your DAW. In most DAWs you can configure in- and output ports of the channel you are using for your synth. You could stop the output back to the synth there.

Some DAWs have a monitoring setup that reads the input only when recording and sends to the output only when playing back. Perhaps you could look for something like that.

Thx a lot for your great help man , i will try this ;-)
Take care