Slop/Detune Feature Request

Slop/Detune Feature Request
« on: January 12, 2021, 03:39:58 AM »
I'd like to put in a request for the Slop/Detune feature found inside the P6/OB6.

Those models just received the Vintage knob feature in the last update and can toggle it with Slop/Detune.

Anyone else interested in this? I just came back from a long week-end and upon firing up my P5R4 the cold detune sound on patch 111 was pretty cool sounding and hard to reproduce once the tune routine got things back to normal.

Re: Slop/Detune Feature Request
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 04:41:43 AM »
+1

I’d love to see that too. The flexibility to use one or the other (or even both?) would expand the sound options on this awesome synth.

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 07:25:15 PM »
1000%

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2021, 06:41:54 AM »
I have to agree, the rev4 doesnt have those ”floating” pads of the P5 rev2 mainly due to the lack of oscillator drift even with the vintageknob on 1.
Its fixable sort by modulating one oscillatof with a slow LFO but it feels strange that the P6, OB6 etc is better at this with their Slop solution.

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2021, 11:05:30 PM »
I would foresee actually three modes:
1. Vintage mode as of today
2. Vintage mode + OSC drift (a slight OSC drift - a very slow random LFO).
3. Slop as it was  on P6

That would be cool to get. Could be set on the 3. Globals buttons.

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2021, 08:45:12 AM »
Well, I think that the quick and easy improvement would be to lower the differences in cutoff frequency in vintage mode 1/2 and increase the slow drift of the oscillators.

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2021, 11:20:11 PM »
Yes.
Prophet 10 Rev 4 (Keyboard) | Trigon-6 (Keyboard) | OB-6 (Keyboard)

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2021, 01:07:24 AM »
And to further mimic the sound of a rev2 Prophet 5, they could increase the gain in the VCAs causing more distorsion, which would also make it a bit brighter.
If this is not limited by hardware of course, which it of course might be.

That would be my main wish now that the roundrobin feature improves the organic feel.

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2021, 09:15:24 AM »
Well, I think that the quick and easy improvement would be to lower the differences in cutoff frequency in vintage mode 1/2 and increase the slow drift of the oscillators.

That would be great, as I also think that the Vintage knob affects cutoff and resonance a bit too much. It needs to be more subtle.

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2021, 08:57:19 PM »
And to further mimic the sound of a rev2 Prophet 5, they could increase the gain in the VCAs causing more distorsion, which would also make it a bit brighter.
If this is not limited by hardware of course, which it of course might be.

That would be my main wish now that the roundrobin feature improves the organic feel.

Round robin is a big improvement on the 'organic' and epic nature of these rev 4s (esp the Prophet 10 where it can really be showcased on larger chord re-presses or long single note runs with dupes)
Prophet 10 Rev 4 (Keyboard) | Trigon-6 (Keyboard) | OB-6 (Keyboard)