Upgraded to 16 voices, very happy but 1 question

Upgraded to 16 voices, very happy but 1 question
« on: January 10, 2021, 07:40:39 AM »
Very happy with the upgrade, but as someone who can get somewhat paranoid about things, I have 1 concern.  When I boot up the prophet now, there is a very slight glitchy looking screen for a split second, then it boots up and everything seems to be working correctly.  When I installed the card, I noticed in the instructions it recommended using a wrench to tighten the 2 standoffs.  I simply tightened them as much as possible with my hands.  Someone please calm my obsessive mind if these things are ok :).  If not let me know as well, thanks you.

timboréale

• MIDI nerd
Re: Upgraded to 16 voices, very happy but 1 question
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 08:40:44 AM »
It's fine. The standoffs can get loose over time in handling (like if you're on tour) but if it sits still in a studio there's nothing much to worry about.

The glitchy screen is normal as far as I can tell - mine's done it since day 1 brand new. The memory on boot is basically random voltages and the screen displays that until the processor boots and writes coherent data to the framebuffer, basically.
Prophet 6 keyboard, Rev2-16, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Nords, etc...

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 11:46:49 AM »
As Studiodc wrote, the glitchy screen is perfectly normal. Mine has also been like that since day one, back in 2017. The display is showing the momentarily filled with random data display memory buffer at first.

Congrats on getting the 16 voices upgrade! Now, stop worrying and go enjoy the synth! ;-)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 11:49:32 AM by AlainHubert »
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 03:06:02 PM »
Thanks :) Yes I have been enjoying it very much, absolutely love the synth and loving the extra voices.