Eventide H9 or other external effects and pedals with OB-6

Eventide H9 or other external effects and pedals with OB-6
« on: January 05, 2024, 07:40:50 AM »
Hello,

New OB-6 user here. I also play guitar and bass, and have the Eventide H9 and other effect pedals.

I'm assuming some Eventide reverbs would sounds great. Anything else I should try soon? BTW, I'm assuming that the OB-6 effects are at the end of the signal chain.  So turning them off and using external effects with the OB-6 is like swapping the external effects for the internal effects.

Thanks,
Joe

Re: Eventide H9 or other external effects and pedals with OB-6
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2024, 08:38:56 AM »
I'll start with the Hall Reverb, then Blackhole.

After that? Undulator, Ultratap. We'll see. Generally, if the sound source is already busy, I want to keep the outside effect simple. You can go crazy with the H9, so I'll try that with tamer OB6 sounds.

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2024, 08:35:26 AM »
I'll start with the Hall Reverb, then Blackhole.

After that? Undulator, Ultratap. We'll see. Generally, if the sound source is already busy, I want to keep the outside effect simple. You can go crazy with the H9, so I'll try that with tamer OB6 sounds.

I run my synths through the Eventide H9000R. Things can get carried away very easily.
Prophet X. Prophet 12 Module. Prophet 6 Module. Ob-6 Module. Trigon-6 Module. Eventide H9000R (x2). Tegeler Audio Schwerkraftmaschine / Raumzeitmaschine / Creme RC (x3). Bettermaker Mastering Limiter, Mastering EQ, Mastering Compressor. Avid S3.
Mac Studio. Logic.

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2024, 12:13:29 PM »
Joegrant413,

You'll awaken this sleeping giant topic again.  Its been a popular one, so make sure to check out a search on this forum as there's all sorts of viewpoints.  For what its worth, Strymon Big Sky and Lexicon reverbs always worked well for me. 
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2024, 02:52:42 PM »
Tried a few H9 patches last night. The Undulator algorithm works quite well.

Also, "Big Clone" preset on the modest Chorus algorithm was cool.

Of course, ModEchoVerb, Blackhole, Shimmer, Hall Reverb are awesome, but that's a given.