Mono Pitchbend in MPE? Or am I doing something wrong?

Mono Pitchbend in MPE? Or am I doing something wrong?
« on: January 07, 2021, 02:27:02 PM »
I asked this on the OB6 thread but haven't gotten an answer. It occurs to me that it's possible that maybe it's specific to the P6 module. MPE for Y/Z is working for me, but pitchbend is mono. The setup I have is:

Sensel Morph (USB) -> iMac -> Bitwig -> iConnectMidi4+/MOTU Ultralight (I tried both) -> midi to p6. installed OS, reset globals, and set midi channel to MPE.

Did I miss a step?

Re: Mono Pitchbend in MPE? Or am I doing something wrong?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 02:43:44 PM »
I mean, this is still a great update even if pitchbend is mono. I just assumed that MPE implies it's not, but I've never had access to MPE before other than in my own Max patches, and there's no guarantee I did it right :)

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 05:03:41 AM »
MPE mode will use MIDI channel 1 for mono PB and other normal global control. For the Ob6 & P6, you need to setup your controller to broadcast on MIDI channels 2-7 for the six voices you want to control with MPE.  My OB6 is working with poly pitchbend, but my P6s are not, as noted in another post.
(2) P6 Desktops, Prophet VS Rack, P10 Desktop, OB6 Desktop

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2021, 08:27:41 AM »
Interesting. The Morph is set up for channels 2-7, so maybe it is a prophet thing.

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2021, 04:41:05 PM »
MPE mode will use MIDI channel 1 for mono PB and other normal global control. For the Ob6 & P6, you need to setup your controller to broadcast on MIDI channels 2-7 for the six voices you want to control with MPE.  My OB6 is working with poly pitchbend, but my P6s are not, as noted in another post.
Must be a Prophet 6 bug. Hope they fix it soon. I can't wait to start using it.
You can't make everybody happy, but you can make everyone miserable.