Are you frickin kidding me???

Are you frickin kidding me???
« on: January 07, 2021, 12:36:32 PM »
New OS and still no update to the local control to split the knobs from the keyboard. LOL. DSI will continue to share the unique roll of being both the most loved and also the most hated instruments in the studio. Good lord.

I'm sorry but.. Holy smokes guys. Get. it. together.

Sacred Synthesis

Re: Are you frickin kidding me???
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 07:31:44 PM »
This is how you make your request?  And you expect Sequential to cooperate with you?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 07:33:41 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 08:17:59 PM »
This is how you make your request?  And you expect Sequential to cooperate with you?

As if this hasn't been requested hundreds of times through the appropriate channels. I'm just laughing about it because it's a running joke in the studio, regarding priorities made in fw updates from a company ran by one of the authors of the frickin MIDI standard.

I still love DSI/Sequential products but don't pretend like this is some ridiculous request. Have a laugh. It truly is laughable.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 10:28:46 PM »
It's not your request that's the issue, but the rude way you make it.  This is not Gearslutz.

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2021, 10:41:30 PM »
Excuse me for having a bit of smarm on an internet forum. Perhaps this finally attracted some attention.

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2021, 10:57:41 PM »
New OS and still no update to the local control to split the knobs from the keyboard. LOL. DSI will continue to share the unique roll of being both the most loved and also the most hated instruments in the studio. Good lord.

I'm sorry but.. Holy smokes guys. Get. it. together.

Man, respectfully.... what they did in this update was HUGE, this update was long requested and MORE.  Man if you know the ins and outs of this you know this to be true, why not appreciate them for what they have done?  Sequential...>THANK YOU so much, you have delivered above and beyond for this synth, IMO it is an all time classic.  Well done, you guys should be proud of your creation.

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2021, 11:27:27 PM »
Man, respectfully.... what they did in this update was HUGE

100% agree. Fantastic update. I still care quite a bit about BASIC midi functionality though. Clearly, I have a strong opinion about it.

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2021, 12:35:50 AM »
Excuse me for having a bit of smarm on an internet forum. Perhaps this finally attracted some attention.

It attracted attention alright, but not the kind you want.

This update was so big I saw it this morning and went and bought another OB6 on my way home from work. MPE??? Are you kidding me? AND a truly beautiful slop setting? This is the best update of any synth I've ever owned, and it just so happens to be for the best modern analog. It's a completely new synth now.

I'm no fanboy, I got burned by DSI a few times back in the day, but they ALWAYS find a way to make it right, and now I trust them again fully. Shit I remember ten years ago Pym emailing me hack Tempest OS's trying anything to get mine to work. They mailed me completely new control boards for my monoevolver keys for free even though I bought it used and offred to pay.

They don't work for you personally. Don't be a jerk because you have to wait a bit longer for your specific wish. No one gives a damn what you laugh at in your studio, thousands of us are jumping for joy about this update. 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 12:37:58 AM by sawwaveanalog »

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2021, 11:14:08 AM »

They don't work for you personally. Don't be a jerk because you have to wait a bit longer for your specific wish. No one gives a damn what you laugh at in your studio, thousands of us are jumping for joy about this update.

No need to be nasty either. We can all agree to disagree sometimes. Some of us can have stronger opinions about some things that perhaps not everyone necessarily sees as that important. Although it should always be expressed in a civilized and respectful manner, despite some deeply felt frustrations at times.

My two cents on it.
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

LoboLives

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2021, 01:29:48 PM »
Get the baby a pacifier.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2021, 03:31:18 PM »
Let's not add another comment and make ourselves the worse for it, but let the thread die.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 04:31:07 PM by Sacred Synthesis »