Desktop updated, but keyboard won't

Desktop updated, but keyboard won't
« on: January 05, 2021, 05:22:51 PM »
I've been trying to update my OB-6 keyboard with the new 1.6 firmware; it worked when I updated my desktop just now, but it just gives 1.5.5 after the download on the keyboard, and there is no Global Bank 3 available. Same cable, same laptop, same global setting (usb sysex). I am at a loss here, any help appreciated.
Edit: both units were at 1.5.5 previously.

Re: Desktop updated, but keyboard won't
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 06:18:35 PM »
OK, so I went to trying with the bootloader. Using a MOTU micro lite interface.
Now the download begins, and gets down to the 600 range, but then my pc reboots; this has happened twice so far.  ???

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 06:46:49 PM »
Whew, finally did it! No idea why it worked this (the 5th time using the bootloader) other than the fact that I sat and watched the laptop & synth the entire time.  ;D
Thanks to all the Sequential/DSI folks for this update, and for all the info that got me through it on both synths.  :)

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 08:10:30 PM »
It is a glorious-sounding feature, very happy with it. Much more useful than the detune, imo.

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2021, 01:56:51 PM »
what's going on, tried several times with mine via USB, after the first countdown there is no second countdown, reboots, and 1.55 blinks in my face taunting me. bootloader mode via midi does not work at all with me, no matter how fast I send via midi and an edirol um880, it will always get stuck, so what now? is there some write protection I don't know of?

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2021, 03:32:22 PM »
so, after going through 3 midi interfaces, it finally worked with a fireface 802, pretty silly if you ask me to waste hours on an update...should work with any interface. it's not rocket science, it's midi...jesus.

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2021, 03:09:27 AM »
I've been trying to update my OB-6 keyboard with the new 1.6 firmware; it worked when I updated my desktop just now, but it just gives 1.5.5 after the download on the keyboard, and there is no Global Bank 3 available. Same cable, same laptop, same global setting (usb sysex). I am at a loss here, any help appreciated.
Edit: both units were at 1.5.5 previously.