Rev2 dead notes when playing keys.

Rev2 dead notes when playing keys.
« on: January 05, 2021, 03:18:08 PM »
I’ve owned this rev2 for just under a year and it’s worked great.  Today it started having dead notes while playing the keys.
I can tap a key and it plays 4 notes then 4 dead notes , then plays 4 notes again and it continues this pattern over and over they multiple patches including the init patch.
 I’ve tried reset all globals and also reloading the OS and the problem continues.
Any help?
Is this a known issue?

jok3r

Re: Rev2 dead notes when playing keys.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 03:37:19 PM »
I’ve owned this rev2 for just under a year and it’s worked great.  Today it started having dead notes while playing the keys.
I can tap a key and it plays 4 notes then 4 dead notes , then plays 4 notes again and it continues this pattern over and over they multiple patches including the init patch.
 I’ve tried reset all globals and also reloading the OS and the problem continues.
Any help?
Is this a known issue?

This sounds to me like you have an 8 voice Rev2 and plugged one of your stereo cables to the B outputs instead of both left and right of the A output by accident. Please check that. That happened to a lot of people asking this question, when they tried to plug in their cables while viewing the synth from the front side.
Prophet Rev2, Moog Matriarch, Novation Peak, Arturia DrumBrute Impact, Korg Kronos 2 88, Kurzweil PC 361, Yamaha S90ES

Re: Rev2 dead notes when playing keys.
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 03:52:50 PM »
That’s exactly what was wrong.
 I have my rev2 at the bottom of a 4 tier rack and it’s hard to see the backside. I was feeling around with my hand for the audio output and plugged into output b by accident.
 Glad it was just my mistake and not a warranty issue.