Newest Prophet 6 Beta OS: v1.6.3

Re: Newest Prophet 6 Beta OS: v1.6.3
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2021, 09:09:31 PM »
The Sequential team confirmed that 6.0.2 is fine. It's actually their alpha testing version number

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2021, 08:55:47 AM »
Anyone else getting really nasty and high volume pops from the newest update?

Not sure it it’s related but I won’t power it on anymore with headphones on. I don’t recall it being a problem before and I can hear it pop loudly through the cans across the room.

I just updated the firmware and am also getting these random pops/clicks when I play... This has never been an issue before with the synth until now.

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2021, 03:06:17 AM »
Can anyone tell me where I can find the 1.6.3. Beta OS? I've just updated to 1.6.6. and I have the feeling that the vintage knob adds more detune than it did before, but I'd like to check. I think I actually preferred it before. I don't really use aftertouch (sorry) so I'm not so bothered about that improvement. Thanks.

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2021, 06:03:44 AM »
Can anyone tell me where I can find the 1.6.3. Beta OS? I've just updated to 1.6.6. and I have the feeling that the vintage knob adds more detune than it did before, but I'd like to check. I think I actually preferred it before. I don't really use aftertouch (sorry) so I'm not so bothered about that improvement. Thanks.

I apologize for not actually answering the question, but did you re-enable vintage mode after updating and doing the global reset as they recommend? I forgot to do that and cranked up the slop/vintage knob way to the right and ... it sounded terrible and was thinking vintage mode was not as nice as before. But then I remembered I needed to turn vintage mode back on, and it was good again.

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2021, 03:23:54 PM »
I apologize for not actually answering the question, but did you re-enable vintage mode after updating and doing the global reset as they recommend? I forgot to do that and cranked up the slop/vintage knob way to the right and ... it sounded terrible and was thinking vintage mode was not as nice as before. But then I remembered I needed to turn vintage mode back on, and it was good again.

Ha ha. No apologies needed. A good question. I did, though yes. However, I've been playing the P6 all afternoon and have got used to to the new OS now. It's probably just a case of my always wanting what I can't have... which is one of the pitfalls of liking synthesisers (when I come to think about it). So, all good here thanks.