Newest Prophet 6 Beta OS: v1.6.3

Re: Newest Prophet 6 Beta OS: v1.6.3
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2021, 01:57:16 PM »
I love vintage knob on my P6 & OB6, no plan to get it on my Rev2 and Prophet XL ?

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2021, 01:57:55 PM »
Hi

Instead of using midi-ox try using Elektrons C6 utility.

https://www.elektron.se/support/?connection=analog-drive#downloads

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2021, 07:11:07 PM »
Hi

Instead of using midi-ox try using Elektrons C6 utility.

https://www.elektron.se/support/?connection=analog-drive#downloads
I appreciate the suggestion, but unfortunately it still behaves pretty much the same way. Just for the heck of it I re-updated to 1.5.9 without issue, so it may just be this beta file. The 1.5.9 file went right through without needing bootloader mode, but the beta version doesn’t get any response from the P6 unless it’s in bootloader. Still gets stuck at 036, though.

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2021, 11:20:22 PM »
Hello There,

I run a 1.6.3 firmware version.  But I cannot open the "3rd Global page". When I hold "Bank" and hit "Global", My Prophet-6 Desktop opens the first page (Top Row / Red light)
I have reset Global settings.

I this forum I red that "Vintage" setting is on key 4 of the "3rd Global page". What are the settings on Key 1, 2 and 3 ? Were they present in previous 1.5.9 ?

Thank you,

Regards.

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2021, 06:35:26 AM »
Hi there, I just successfully updated my Prophet 6 to firmware 1.6.3. Vintage mode works fine. I can hear that the 6 filter envelopes behave more discrete and more "analog", they move less simultaneously. But what I noticed is that the oscillators do not tune as wide apart anymore when the slop knob is turned further clockwise. My conclusion is that the vintage function is indeed added to the slop function, but Sequential made the oscillator tuning/pitch slop function far more subtle than in previous firmware versions. I am not sure if everybody is happy with this, as it changes the sound of all presets in which slop is used. And I have one other question: what functions are the other Third Global settings for? For example: under Global number 2 the options (chosen with dec/inc buttons) are LPF/PU1/PU2/PUA. Global 3 gives us the choice between UNI and BI. Globals 0 and 1 can be adjusted from 1-96. Any ideas on this? Thanks!

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2021, 06:49:53 AM »
Just found the answer to my question. It seems that in the document "P6_OB-6_MPE_instructions.txt" there is a clear explanation of what all the Third Globals functions are:

Basic MPE operation:

MPE is turned on/off by using the MIDI Channel global. MPE is one past channel 16 and takes over the channel assignments completely

Works with 6 voices on MIDI channels 2-7. It does not work with polychain.

When MPE is on…
CC 74 is now overridden and is routed via the Y-Axis destination global. The behavior is controlled by the Y-Axis Mode global.

Program pitchbend is now overridden by the Master Pitchbend Range global

To reach 3rd global page: hold ‘Bank’ and hit ‘Global’
0: Master Pitchbend range from 1-96 semitones (default 2)
1: Voice Pitch bend range from 1-96 semitones (default 48)
2. Y-Axis Destination: Cutoff, PW1, PW2, PW12
3. Y-Axis Mode: Unipolar, Bipolar
4. Vintage On/Off

Master pitchbend now overrides the program pitchbend when MPE is on.

Voice pitchbend responds to pitchbend on each channel, 2-7

Y-Axis destination should be straightforward.
Y-Axis Mode: In unipolar mode CC74 affects the destination by adding 0-127, in bipolar mode it adds -63/+63 with 64 as a the ‘0’ point

Laubi77

• 80s.. synths.. guitars..
Newest Prophet 6 Beta OS: v1.6.3 - additional global menu functions?
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2021, 02:16:15 PM »
I wonder if there are any additional functions implemented in combination with the "vintage knob" setting eg. fixed voice allocation (vintage) / round robin (P6)..?

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2021, 07:05:58 AM »
I haven't had luck installing this os update... I updated a couple of days ago to the 1.9.5 on the prophet 6 support page and it worked fine the first time with SysEx librarian on my mac... now I run the 1.6.3 and nothing happens... tried the different buffer sizes and speeds but no luck. Any advice?

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2021, 07:33:03 AM »
I haven't had luck installing this os update... I updated a couple of days ago to the 1.9.5 on the prophet 6 support page and it worked fine the first time with SysEx librarian on my mac... now I run the 1.6.3 and nothing happens... tried the different buffer sizes and speeds but no luck. Any advice?

Managed to install the update after restarting my computer... however, the update ended on number 1 after the count down and the prophet didn't restart... I restarted manually and it seems fine. Should I try to install it again? or what I've done is ok?

Thank you!!

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2021, 06:19:48 PM »

Managed to install the update after restarting my computer... however, the update ended on number 1 after the count down and the prophet didn't restart... I restarted manually and it seems fine. Should I try to install it again? or what I've done is ok?

Thank you!!

This is apparently somewhat expected. The original post that provides the download indicates this is a possibility. And, indeed, that is how the update worked for me as well. It stopped at 1 and ... did nothing. So I power cycled it and all seemed good.

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2021, 05:00:13 AM »

Thank you!!

This is apparently somewhat expected. The original post that provides the download indicates this is a possibility. And, indeed, that is how the update worked for me as well. It stopped at 1 and ... did nothing. So I power cycled it and all seemed good.

Excellent! Brilliant thats good to know :) thank you.  J

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2021, 06:24:54 AM »

I have had my p6 for 3 (or is it 4?) years now and each update that I have installed has had this happen. When it get to 1, I leave it for 5 minutes to squeeze every drop of data out of my computer and then restart the P6 and all is well. Kind of a goofy way to do software updates and especially alarming for new P6 users (as I once was). It seems like every manufacturer has some little thing like this that leaves you scratching your head and wondering “why?”. You get used to it. :)

Keith
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2021, 05:38:13 AM »

I have had my p6 for 3 (or is it 4?) years now and each update that I have installed has had this happen. When it get to 1, I leave it for 5 minutes to squeeze every drop of data out of my computer and then restart the P6 and all is well. Kind of a goofy way to do software updates and especially alarming for new P6 users (as I once was). It seems like every manufacturer has some little thing like this that leaves you scratching your head and wondering “why?”. You get used to it. :)

Keith

Thanks to this forum, I am currently stuck on 1 since a while and was hesitating to manually turn it off and on ... Now I have to be brave and do the manual switch  ;D

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2021, 05:45:23 AM »
well I am now with 6.0.2 when starting ... guess something went wrong ... :'(

edit: I did it again. I stayed in the globals menu the first time so it should be that? This time it rebooted BUT it still shows 6.0.2 after the 6 displayed when booting ...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 06:23:34 AM by PHilMartins »

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2021, 08:54:05 AM »
well I am now with 6.0.2 when starting ... guess something went wrong ... :'(

edit: I did it again. I stayed in the globals menu the first time so it should be that? This time it rebooted BUT it still shows 6.0.2 after the 6 displayed when booting ...

I have had exactly the same result. Boots but shows 6.0.2
Prophet X. Prophet 12 Module. Prophet 6 Module. Ob-6 Module. Trigon-6 Module. Eventide H9000R (x2). Tegeler Audio Schwerkraftmaschine / Raumzeitmaschine / Creme RC (x3). Bettermaker Mastering Limiter, Mastering EQ, Mastering Compressor. Avid S3.
Mac Studio. Logic.

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2021, 09:57:34 AM »
I'd post this in the latest New Beta thread ... but no option ...

I've spent a considerable sum on a Sequential Synth.
I have been to the trouble of registering that instrument, and also jumped through the hoops to register on this forum too.
I found out earlier today that there's a new Beta to install.
Where did I get to know of this? Sequential product support? "Support"???
All sorts of companies (Audiothingies, Elektron, Eventide, Fractal, Gotharmann, Line 6, Modal, Native Instruments, Novation, Roland, UAD ... from a quick skim of my in-box) from the small One-Man to the pretty huge multi-national's seem to manage to use customer contacts to alert them of such things. Personal service from a boutique? A big customer service department at Yamaha (say)?
Is it THAT difficult for Sequential?

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2021, 10:36:11 AM »
I have had exactly the same result. Boots but shows 6.0.2

I just loaded the newest firmware, version 1.6.6 and yes, this is what happens when I boot too. No way to tell which firmware is loaded. Strange, but my P6 boots up and seems to be working fine. Also, this time after the firmware update it didn't stay on "1" but rebooted the P6. First time I've had this happen.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 10:42:50 AM by thirteen_engines »
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2021, 11:36:13 AM »
Me too ... multiple attempts with MidiOx and BomeSx at different (slow) speeds ... it doesn't stick on 1 like it did for 1.6.3, but re-boots to show 6.0.2 ...

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2021, 01:19:37 PM »
Thanks guys !!! So it is "normal" :) yes for me the module seems to work also!!!

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2021, 12:18:28 AM »
Same 6.0.2 here......
-A