Quirky key and missing screw

Quirky key and missing screw
« on: January 05, 2021, 06:29:29 AM »
Hello Prophet fellows ....
After a few days of happy playing and exploring new and old sounds I heard a little quirk sound from highest E key ....
It got worse so I took my new P-10 apart  :o   Gulp !
After adjusting the spring in the back of the E key the quirk sound was gone   ;D
Great !  Put it together again and discover that one screw also was gone ...  >:(
One of the long ones ....  1" or 25 mm metric (?)
Searched for approx an hour but could not find it ...
So , I fixed the quirk but "screwed" up   :-[

Does anyone know if itīs an Inch or Metric screw, and where to find one ?
Donīt want to destroy the nut threads inside the wood ....   I think treads are 0-80 ???

( Thereīs more stuff inside my old P-5 than in the new ones ....    :P )

Cheers !
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 06:31:41 AM by HockeBocke »
1976 MiniKORG700s // 1979 Prophet-5 rev.2 // 1981 KORG CX-3 // 1984 DX7 // 2020 Prophet-10 rev.4 // MoPho Box // 2 Creamware MiniMax // Creamware Pro-12 // 2 EMU-Proteus 2000 // EMU-Vintage Keys  // Casio VZ-10M // Roland VK-8M // Fatar SL 880 // Roland JUPITER-X

Re: Quirky key and missing screw
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 03:31:37 AM »
Hello Prophet fellows ....
After a few days of happy playing and exploring new and old sounds I heard a little quirk sound from highest E key ....
It got worse so I took my new P-10 apart  :o   Gulp !
After adjusting the spring in the back of the E key the quirk sound was gone   ;D
Great !  Put it together again and discover that one screw also was gone ...  >:(
One of the long ones ....  1" or 25 mm metric (?)
Searched for approx an hour but could not find it ...
So , I fixed the quirk but "screwed" up   :-[

Does anyone know if itīs an Inch or Metric screw, and where to find one ?
Donīt want to destroy the nut threads inside the wood ....   I think treads are 0-80 ???

( Thereīs more stuff inside my old P-5 than in the new ones ....    :P )

Cheers !

Sorry I cannot tell definately..

For me it looke like a typical metric M3 srew with coarse threadding. It is roughly 25mm long and 3mm thick. However I cannot tell, cause I have no matchin M3 coarse nut to check.

I would recommend (where do you actually live?) to get into a home depot shop or a screw shop whatever that might by where you live, and test the original screw with some nuts to try out. That is pretty easy to do. The nut needs to go up the screw without any problem (no friction).

It is definately not a M3 fine screw. That I can tell by looking at one I have here (have no imperial screws here) and seeing that the pitch is much finer.

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 06:15:48 AM »
Thanx for reply   :)
I got it measured with calipers and itīs 3,4 mm x 25 mm, so I guess itīs an inch screw ....
Might be hard to find here in Sweden, but not impossible .....  I hope  :-\

If someone from "imperial measurement" countries could chime in and tell me the correct
specs and name, I could search the web for that screw, if I cant find one here ......

( Or I can just "let it be" ... The P-10 does not fall apart due to one missing screw, does it?
  But itīs a bit OCD triggering  :o   )

Cheers !
1976 MiniKORG700s // 1979 Prophet-5 rev.2 // 1981 KORG CX-3 // 1984 DX7 // 2020 Prophet-10 rev.4 // MoPho Box // 2 Creamware MiniMax // Creamware Pro-12 // 2 EMU-Proteus 2000 // EMU-Vintage Keys  // Casio VZ-10M // Roland VK-8M // Fatar SL 880 // Roland JUPITER-X

LPF83

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 06:43:00 AM »
Thanx for reply   :)
I got it measured with calipers and itīs 3,4 mm x 25 mm, so I guess itīs an inch screw ....
Might be hard to find here in Sweden, but not impossible .....  I hope  :-\

If someone from "imperial measurement" countries could chime in and tell me the correct
specs and name, I could search the web for that screw, if I cant find one here ......

( Or I can just "let it be" ... The P-10 does not fall apart due to one missing screw, does it?
  But itīs a bit OCD triggering  :o   )

Cheers !

Why not email Sequential support and ask them to send you one?
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 10:39:52 AM »
Being an American product, I would assume that it is an imperial screw and not a metric one.
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 12:50:38 PM »
Being an American product, I would assume that it is an imperial screw and not a metric one.

True that .... But as owning and working on a few American cars trough the years Iīve
noticed that theyīre slowly moving toward metric bolts and nuts , so I thought that maybe ...   :P

But itīs clearly imperial , as the caliper reads 3,4 mm, and thatīs not an ISO standard in EU .... Or ?

Iīll try to contact Support , or just live with it .
Maybe Iīll find the missing screw if I crawl around the floor with a magnet   ::)

Thanx for replies   :)

Cheers !