Voice expansion

Re: Voice expansion
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2021, 09:38:15 AM »
Just came back to see if this thread had slipped further down in the rankings.  I was very surprised to see they released the board, and am also very happy.  I will be buying this upgrade in the very near future. This is great news.  Ever since I sold my P5 Rev 2 back in the 90's that was faulty, I had wanted another P5 and that is what I got with the Rev 4.  It was a tough decision to forgo the extra voices, but we get to have the best of both worlds now.  Thanks so much Sequential. 

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2021, 11:00:15 AM »
Any idea when they will ship these? t is almost a week with no other notification. Did they mention it was a pre-order for an upcoming release?

« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2021, 02:00:24 PM »
i also ordered a week ago, and have heard nothing, other than my immediate order acknowledgment email.
hello?

« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2021, 02:28:04 PM »
Same here. No update and my order still shows as ‘processing’. Funny, cos my credit card seems to consider it ‘processed’ 😂

« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2021, 12:35:25 PM »
I emailed Support for an update. Got a nice passive-aggressive reply LOL. Expected to ship this week but if I don’t like it I “can always cancel” my order.

« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2021, 03:14:30 AM »
I just get my expansion card. It works as it should do but Sequential team you could supply a sticker for the front panel at least to update to Prophet 10 !!!!

« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2021, 01:43:49 AM »
Just ordered the voice expansion to my Prophet 5. I am happy with 5 voices as I don’t use a synth as a piano. But the new stack/split function with OS2 is something I like.

LPF83

« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2021, 04:27:30 AM »
Just ordered the voice expansion to my Prophet 5. I am happy with 5 voices as I don’t use a synth as a piano. But the new stack/split function with OS2 is something I like.

What I think you'll also enjoy, that I use WAY more often than stack/split is the poly-unison.  It's an instant transformation of whatever patch you're on, making it sound twice as rich (as long as you don't go past detune level 2).  I honestly don't know why it's not discussed more, it was not only the primary feature that made the Jupiter-8 so popular, it also more accurately represents the Prophet5 as it sounded in many vintage tracks, since many of those recordings consisted of multi-tracked and detuned P5 patches.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2022, 01:32:38 PM »
Received the voice expansion card today. I’m not that talented under the hood but it was pretty easy to install, toke not more than 15-20 minutes or so - main time by carefully using the screwdriver. Of course a little bit scary but it turned out good. Happy I did the upgrade as the new voice modes makes the P5 richer.

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2022, 12:19:04 PM »
Installed my voice expansion today. easy installation. tuning is a tad wonky voice to voice but I am sure that will correct as calibration continues over the weekend.

« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2022, 08:53:47 PM »
could a prophet support 3 voice boards aka 15 voices?

« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2022, 06:40:59 AM »
could a prophet support 3 voice boards aka 15 voices?

I can’t recall there were the same 3 multi connectors that connected the cards at the top at the voice board as at the main board. And it might be to high stack with cards. So I doubt it is possible… but who knows what the future will bring to the rev4 as Dave Smith still is around and kicking.

« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2023, 01:33:50 PM »
The desktop module can be expanded with the voice card, right?
Are they only available directly from Seuqnetial, or do some retailers carry the cards?

gus

« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2023, 04:15:46 PM »
The desktop module can be expanded with the voice card, right?
Are they only available directly from Seuqnetial, or do some retailers carry the cards?

Yes, the expansion board is the same for the keyboard and module versions of the P5. The expansion kit is only sold directly through the Sequential webstore and is not available through any dealers.
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2023, 04:36:54 PM »
I have seen then at three differnt stores in Europe but not any longer. Maybe there are cards at other locations. I ordered my from Sequential at their web page. Note there are two differnt cards, info of what card for your P5 at Sequential’s web page.

wavewakermusic

• Music producer
    • Wavewaker Music
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2023, 04:06:39 AM »
Sorry if I might be asking the same question as someone else. Couldn't find any information from Sequential.

I have heard that there can be very expensive custom fees if you order the expansion card to Europe directly from Sequential. Any chance the "Prophet 5 to 10" expansion card will go on sale through a retailer in Europe soon?
"Some people have lives; some people have music.” – John Green

« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2023, 07:11:20 AM »
Well, everything imported to EU gets custom fees, retailer or private, no mercy ....
So in the end you pay the "fees" in the store wether you like it or not ......    :-\

Cheers !
1976 MiniKORG700s // 1979 Prophet-5 rev.2 // 1981 KORG CX-3 // 1984 DX7 // 2020 Prophet-10 rev.4 // MoPho Box // 2 Creamware MiniMax // Creamware Pro-12 // 2 EMU-Proteus 2000 // EMU-Vintage Keys  // Casio VZ-10M // Roland VK-8M // Fatar SL 880 // Roland JUPITER-X

« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2023, 04:42:17 PM »
Well, everything imported to EU gets custom fees, retailer or private, no mercy ....
So in the end you pay the "fees" in the store wether you like it or not ......    :-\

Cheers !

…but distributors have in most cases better condition when it comes to customs clearance fees and that would make the price slightly better than importing on your own. Some logistic companies in some countries really f… a private person with their prices/fees.

« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2023, 10:37:15 AM »

Cheers !

…but distributors have in most cases better condition when it comes to customs clearance fees and that would make the price slightly better than importing on your own. Some logistic companies in some countries really f… a private person with their prices/fees.

That’s why I always recommend get the P10. Way less hassle then getting the voiceboard later and much cheaper in the end

wavewakermusic

• Music producer
    • Wavewaker Music
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2023, 11:55:19 AM »
Went to the shop to order the expansion but now it´s out of stock.  :'(

Have a great weekend!
"Some people have lives; some people have music.” – John Green