Voice expansion

Re: Voice expansion
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2021, 05:42:59 PM »
Do you have the feeling that Sequential people reading this forum? I have not seen a single answer on any of the threads.

Just mentioning ..

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2021, 06:33:15 PM »
Do you have the feeling that Sequential people reading this forum? I have not seen a single answer on any of the threads.

Just mentioning ..

There are at least two Sequential employees that I know of who post in the forum.

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2021, 02:26:07 AM »

Just mentioning ..

Dave Smith says he doesn’t read forums and I understand him 100% - full of opinions in every direction. Plus piles of garbage reflecting sick people’s mind at many forums, thankfully not at this forum.

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2021, 01:48:22 PM »
I'm down for an expansion board.  It sure beats selling the 5 to get the 10. 5 voices is great, but sometimes I want to play polychords.

There's plenty of space in that huge chasis, so can't see why it wouldn't be possible to add an extra PCB retrospectively.

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2021, 07:54:15 PM »
I'm down for an expansion board.  It sure beats selling the 5 to get the 10. 5 voices is great, but sometimes I want to play polychords.

There's plenty of space in that huge chasis, so can't see why it wouldn't be possible to add an extra PCB retrospectively.

I'm not sure it is a matter of whether it is possible or not.  I'm pretty confident it is, but more of a question as to whether Sequential thinks it is the right thing to do. I could just see them thinking there is something wrong with doing it since it would no longer be a Prophet 5 if it had 10 voices. I know you can get an upgrade for the REV2 from 8 to 16 I guess, but the name of the REV2 doesn't dictate the number of voices available.  I'm just saying if they do provide an upgrade for the P5 then some people could want the P10 badging as well which could be misleading down the road.  Then there would be the issue of serial numbers pointing back to a P5 with P10 badging.  For certain reasons I could see it being a logistical mess for them possibly, maybe not, I don't know. 

However, I would love to see it as an option and would gladly pay the difference since the reasons why I bought the P5 have now been resolved and made available in the 10.  The voice cards have essentially already been made.  Perhaps they don't have enough right now, but maybe in the future if there is enough interest to take orders ahead of production and sell them with the ribbon cables or whatever necessary.  Being a small company, they can only handle so much at one time, and some of us synth guys never seem to be just happy.  Not even with a new P5.  There always seems to be one more thing.  I can see Dave Smith shaking his head to some of our request.  ;)

LPF83

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2021, 04:45:42 AM »
I will just say that if a voice expansion is made available, just do it.  I use poly unision WAY more than I ever imagined I would, and I consider it one of the most important (yet underrated and/or unknown) features of the Rev4.  I would like to see more granular detuning options once it is in PU2 mode, but the fact they added this to the synth at all was amazing.

It's of course possible to get the same results with multi tracking the default voice mode, and this was how a lot of vintage recordings achieved their sound, but to be able to push a button a few times and get that effect is the exact type of feature a modern incarnation of a vintage synth should have.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2021, 04:41:13 AM »
I keep checking back here every week or so hoping to see news on this. Sequential if you are listening. I hope this is something you would consider offering.

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2021, 04:53:28 AM »
Bump. Release the voice expansion board please!

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2021, 09:01:53 AM »
The voiceexpansion would probably cost what a „take 5“ goes for.

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2021, 12:10:07 PM »
The voiceexpansion would probably cost what a „take 5“ goes for.

Probably more than the difference in price between P-5 and P-10 ......

Cheers !
1976 MiniKORG700s // 1979 Prophet-5 rev.2 // 1981 KORG CX-3 // 1984 DX7 // 2020 Prophet-10 rev.4 // MoPho Box // 2 Creamware MiniMax // Creamware Pro-12 // 2 EMU-Proteus 2000 // EMU-Vintage Keys  // Casio VZ-10M // Roland VK-8M // Fatar SL 880 // Roland JUPITER-X

« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2021, 06:08:10 AM »
Maybe… but I have a feeling P10 sales will run out of steam soon. The Rev4 was designed to appeal to a certain type of person and they can’t be in limitless supply.

My prediction: voice board will be released with major firmware upgrade allowing split / layer of two sounds. Keeps everyone happy 😃

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2021, 08:14:23 AM »
And no, I do not think anyone from Sequential is reading in this forum. That is a shame. It should be a way to get in more contact with your customers, but the only channels that exist is phone and email to support.

It is not only the synth and the synth engine are vintage, the whole company is.

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2021, 08:25:02 AM »
And no, I do not think anyone from Sequential is reading in this forum. That is a shame. It should be a way to get in more contact with your customers, but the only channels that exist is phone and email to support.

It is not only the synth and the synth engine are vintage, the whole company is.

At least two Sequential staff engage via Gearspace, FWIW.

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2021, 08:29:42 AM »

At least two Sequential staff engage via Gearspace, FWIW.

And at least two Sequential peeps engage directly on this forum!

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2021, 10:09:48 AM »
Followers of this thread will be pleased to learn that Prophet 5 owners can now purchase the voice expansion: https://www.sequential.com/2021/09/prophet-5-voice-expansion-and-new-os/
SEQUENTIAL

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2021, 02:40:19 PM »
Maybe… but I have a feeling P10 sales will run out of steam soon. The Rev4 was designed to appeal to a certain type of person and they can’t be in limitless supply.

My prediction: voice board will be released with major firmware upgrade allowing split / layer of two sounds. Keeps everyone happy 😃

Just wanna say… called it!!

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2021, 03:44:31 PM »

You´re a Prophet !    8)

Cheers !
1976 MiniKORG700s // 1979 Prophet-5 rev.2 // 1981 KORG CX-3 // 1984 DX7 // 2020 Prophet-10 rev.4 // MoPho Box // 2 Creamware MiniMax // Creamware Pro-12 // 2 EMU-Proteus 2000 // EMU-Vintage Keys  // Casio VZ-10M // Roland VK-8M // Fatar SL 880 // Roland JUPITER-X

LPF83

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2021, 04:48:23 PM »
Congrats Prophet 5 owners on the voice expansion announcement!   Having that option now must feel great.  To tell you what an oddball I am, I was equally as excited when the ability to limit the P10 to 5 voices was announced... hehe.  But yeah, most of the time I do use the extra voices.  And now with it being bi-timbral I think 10 voices on this synth is a must.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2021, 07:42:42 PM »

Seriously good call!

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2021, 10:43:38 PM »
So happy about this. a bit more money than the rev2 board but hey I'll take it!