Prophet 12 ARP LOSING TEMPO SYNC with DAW

Prophet 12 ARP LOSING TEMPO SYNC with DAW
« on: January 03, 2021, 10:52:50 AM »
I am recording the patch "Instant Cuemaker" which has a very cool arpeggio but I am losing the sync with tempo with my DAW (Cubase Pro 10.5) after few beats. I already have set the lowest buffer size possible and put a latency compensation on Cubase and set the Prophet 12 as master on Midi Clock Mode (otherwise the Arp is not working) and set it through USB connection.
What should I do to keep the P12 in sync with DAW?

timboréale

• MIDI nerd
Re: Prophet 12 ARP LOSING TEMPO SYNC with DAW
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 06:37:16 PM »
I find that using external masters for DAW sync isn't reliable in most cases and it's best to set the DAW to master, send clock to the keyboard, and set the keyboard as slave. I don't use Cubase so I can't help you with that, but that's the direction I'd go.

Note this isn't unique to the P12 by any means. I have this issue with nearly every DAW and every external clock mechanism so far. It's no big deal, the DAW is the clock master. If I want different sync to my rig (as I usually do) then I slave the clock master for the rest of the rig to the DAW - in my case my drum machine is always the MIDI master clock and it (and only it) slaves to the DAW. Everything else slaves to it.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 06:39:11 PM by studiodc »
Prophet 6 keyboard, Rev2-16, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Nords, etc...

LPF83

Re: Prophet 12 ARP LOSING TEMPO SYNC with DAW
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 06:39:16 AM »
Also....and I haven't done this yet with the P12 but I assume its the same as my other Sequential synths...

Sometimes if I sequence on the P6 or OB6 for example, I send that sequence into Cubase to recapture the notes there for editing.  Even delay compensation aside, remember you can quantize audio in Cubase if needed to tighten things up, you also have slip editing at your disposal.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC