Feature Request: Enhanced Sequencer Playback Transposing

Feature Request: Enhanced Sequencer Playback Transposing
« on: December 27, 2020, 07:12:42 PM »
Love the fact you can transpose a sequence on the fly when in Unison mode. This is another great way to "play along" with a sequence in a live performance aspect.

However, what I don't like is that you no longer get voice panning, since you're in Unison mode (even when setting Unison to a single voice).

It would be great if there was a way to simply "latch" or "lock" the record button in place when using it to transpose without Unison mode on, this way you can free up both hands and essentially play it live the same way as it is in Unison mode. But you now also get to keep the voice panning on those patches you want it on. This would only take affect while the sequencer is already playing, and you hit the record button.

Re: Feature Request: Enhanced Sequencer Playback Transposing
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 06:59:50 PM »
This (record button latch to transpose) has been long requested. But I doubt very much that it will ever happen.
As for panning in Unison mode, it does work. But when only 1 voice is selected, that will always be voice card number 1 (the synth will always use voice #1 at first, which is panned pretty much near center). If you use more than 1 voice, with the Pan Spread knob to the max, you will get stacked panned voices.
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

Re: Feature Request: Enhanced Sequencer Playback Transposing
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 12:05:54 AM »
I'm definitely aware of having stacked panned voices with Unison, but that's not what I want in this use-case. I want to be able to transpose the sequence live, AND have panned voices WITHOUT stacking of multiple voices.

Another method would be to just implement a "rotate" voicing mode option in Unison whereby it will still trigger and cycle through each voice card, even if Unison is set to only 1 voice. This would achieve the same result without having to worry about latching the record button, since Unison would still be active, and would be able to then transpose using the keyboard.