Feature Request: Prophet 5 voice allocation style on the Prophet 6

The currently implemented round robin style in the Prophet 6 is useful in many scenarios, but the "retrigger until stolen" method of the Prophet 5 is key for piano patches and consistent filter FM tuning when using poly mod!

It would be a dream come true to be able to toggle between voice allocation styles.
Any chance this option can be added in an update?

Re: Feature Request: Prophet 5 voice allocation style on the Prophet 6
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2021, 12:15:38 PM »
The currently implemented round robin style in the Prophet 6 is useful in many scenarios, but the "retrigger until stolen" method of the Prophet 5 is key for piano patches and consistent filter FM tuning when using poly mod!

It would be a dream come true to be able to toggle between voice allocation styles.
Any chance this option can be added in an update?

interesting, could you explain this in more detail, how does this make the p5 sound different?

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2021, 07:10:00 PM »
It's definitely an important aspect of the character/sound, especially when it comes to using the Vintage Mode / Slop, or other per voice variation (ie:  Poly LFOs in different phase).   

Repeatedly hitting the same key with the classic P5 voice allocation gets the same Oscillators and Filter re-assigned each time, vs Round Robin where each consecutive key press on a single key cycles through the voices... giving potentially a slightly different fine tuning, filter cutoff, and env ADR stage timings.   

Would be nice to have on P6 and Rev 2 and other instruments...  It's awesome that both modes are available/switchable on P5.  Also, Polybrute has several classic/modern voice allocation selections, which I've been enjoying experimenting with. 

OB-X8, Pro 3, P6, Rev2, Take 5, 3rd Wave, Deepmind, PolyBrute, Sub 37
Sound Sets:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/
Free Patches:
https://www.PresetPatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2021, 01:51:24 AM »
It's definitely an important aspect of the character/sound, especially when it comes to using the Vintage Mode / Slop, or other per voice variation (ie:  Poly LFOs in different phase).   

Repeatedly hitting the same key with the classic P5 voice allocation gets the same Oscillators and Filter re-assigned each time, vs Round Robin where each consecutive key press on a single key cycles through the voices... giving potentially a slightly different fine tuning, filter cutoff, and env ADR stage timings.   

Would be nice to have on P6 and Rev 2 and other instruments...  It's awesome that both modes are available/switchable on P5.  Also, Polybrute has several classic/modern voice allocation selections, which I've been enjoying experimenting with.

Thank you! I understand now, would be lovely if the p6 (or rev2) would get this option to choose between both modes!

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2021, 02:06:25 PM »
Yes, definitely agree this would be very useful and not difficult to implement.

louis

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2021, 02:42:46 PM »
+1
Really hope we see this one day.

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2021, 09:43:40 PM »
I think the P6 and OB6 saw their last firmware update with the most recent one. There's a few other features I'd like to see implemented such as giving them option for slew to decrease some of the inherent clicking and popping the filter experiences when being modulated by a Sample & Hold LFO or Square wave and also the ability to transpose the sequencer on the fly without the need to hold down the recording button or have the synth in Unison.

But alas...I think the P6, OB6, Rev2 are maxed out in terms of updates.

And the PX is likely abandoned as well, which is a shame since I think MPE implementation and sequence transposition (without the need for unison mode or holding record) would be highly useful.

louis

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2021, 12:14:45 AM »
I think the P6 and OB6 saw their last firmware update with the most recent one. There's a few other features I'd like to see implemented such as giving them option for slew to decrease some of the inherent clicking and popping the filter experiences when being modulated by a Sample & Hold LFO or Square wave and also the ability to transpose the sequencer on the fly without the need to hold down the recording button or have the synth in Unison.

But alas...I think the P6, OB6, Rev2 are maxed out in terms of updates.

And the PX is likely abandoned as well, which is a shame since I think MPE implementation and sequence transposition (without the need for unison mode or holding record) would be highly useful.
Not necessarily as these synths are still being manufactured and selling well new (thomann sold more prophet6 units than they sold prophet5 last month in Europe). So remains to be seen if they expand on these synths further really. The vintage knob was a great addition last year but could also be tweaked further in a future update.

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2022, 08:10:15 AM »
Please please Sequential, if you're listening, the option to switch between a round robin and a Prophet 5 style voice allocation algorithm would be such a great addition for us Prophet 6 owners! I would pay to have this feature! Really appreciate everything you folks do.

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2022, 05:51:40 AM »
 8)

Wholly agree this would be an option worth a paid upgrade. It seems to be a popular request, but I've never seen it get a response. "Sorry, not happening." would be better than living with a pipe dream.

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2022, 09:14:34 AM »
I can't imagine they'll ever do a paid upgrade. It's in the company's best interest to have all users on the same (latest) version and offering paid upgrades creates a support situation that is difficult to manage.

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2022, 10:34:48 AM »
I would like this very much as well