Anybody use Soundtower & have it working?

ARNK

• Audio wishes from planet Mars / MEME DespiZer
    • Returning to Zero
Anybody use Soundtower & have it working?
« on: December 23, 2020, 05:49:55 PM »
I use Cubase 11 on Windows 10 & I can't get this crap software to connect via USB. Instructions are straightforward enough & I've checked the setting dozens of times...

Anybody have some luck?
The greater the humiliation, the greater the rate of evaporation of that feeling and all subsequent dispositions. Make a comfortable world not a hot one.

ARNK

• Audio wishes from planet Mars / MEME DespiZer
    • Returning to Zero
Re: Anybody use Soundtower & have it working?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 07:39:35 PM »
I use Cubase 11 on Windows 10 & I can't get this crap software to connect via USB. Instructions are straightforward enough & I've checked the setting dozens of times...

Anybody have some luck?

I don't think Sequential is doing anybody a favor by promoting this garbage software. It's only ever OFF-LINE.
The greater the humiliation, the greater the rate of evaporation of that feeling and all subsequent dispositions. Make a comfortable world not a hot one.

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 11:55:37 PM »

Anybody have some luck?

Late answer, but anyway... I first had problems connecting the the Pro-2 using Windows-10. When I contacted the Soundtower support about it showed out that I had not downloaded the latest version of the editor. The download webpage was a bit confusing and I had downloaded an earlier version that didn't work well. With the latest version I didn't have any problems connecting to the Pro-2.

You say you're using Cubase, so are you using the plugin version of the editor? I haven't tried that, only the standalone version of the editor. But my guess is that it's basically the same software under the hood, so maybe it is the exact same problem.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 11:57:24 PM by unease »

LPF83

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 05:22:21 PM »
I don't have a Pro2 but I have other ST editors for my synths and I'm a Cubase user.  The only time it goes ONLINE when Cubase is running is if I disable the MIDI for that synth in Cubase under Studio Setup...  then I have to re-enable the synth.
I think whether that needs to be done may vary with different audio interfaces.

If this works for you shoot me a PM.. also if anyone knows a better way.  Because I don't normally read the Pro2 forum.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2021, 12:00:48 AM »
despite the cool interface, yeah , that software is terrible.
now keep in mind that pro2 usb driver does not support multiclient midi on windows 10, multiclient miidi simply means that you can use it on multiple applications at the same time.
As for cubase check if any of the midi ports are active or if the midi clock for the pro 2 is active and disable it, any port usb midi port shared within cubase will make the editor unavailable.
TBH this is an issue with almost any synth connected through a usb.
That said as a pro 2 vst editor i suggest you the codeknobs one, the soundtower one has an awful bug and they never fixed, the filters envelope are not bipolar, they just send positive values and they're offset. Simply said is impossible to make sweeping tones unless you creat a dc modulation on the filter envelopes