Soundtower editior Patches Dont match

Soundtower editior Patches Dont match
« on: December 23, 2020, 07:05:58 AM »
has anyone with the sound tower editor for the PX had an issue with the patches not matching up? Is there a way to fix it? I use the editor for the rev 2 and the OB6 and it works great but for some reason the PX editor is off. It will load the correct bank and program but the names and sounds do not match.

Re: Soundtower editior Patches Dont match
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 08:14:10 AM »
I have the same problem with the P6 and the SoundTower editor. I have no idea if it is the same issue here, but in my case it seems to be some kind of refresh problem where it simply is not updating its display correctly. If I open the “About” dialog (or any dialog box I think) and then close it, the editor refreshes itself and displays the correct settings that match the synth. Literally, that’s all I do: Open and close the about box.

magikroom

• www.geosynths.com
    • GEOSynths
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 08:24:04 AM »
has anyone with the sound tower editor for the PX had an issue with the patches not matching up? Is there a way to fix it? I use the editor for the rev 2 and the OB6 and it works great but for some reason the PX editor is off. It will load the correct bank and program but the names and sounds do not match.
Yeah, there does seem to be issues that need to be looked at.  Have you first recieved all the Banks in the Midi Menu, then when you selct an individual Patch it should change on the Synth itself.  Also make sure you have the right Cable selected in the Global Menu (Midi or USB).

Things I've found is that after a few times of selecting Patches it will lock up and no longer work.  Also, when saving Banks, you can do it 1 time, but then will lock up.  I have let them know and suspect it's some buffer issue with the PX itself.
GEOSynths - Fresh, new sounds for DSI Prophet REV2 (Vol 1 & 2) - Prophet 12 - Sequential Prophet 6 - DSI OB6 (Volume 1 & 2)  Novation PEAK - Behringer DeepMind 12 (Vol 1 & 2) - Korg Prologue - Korg KingKorg - Nord Lead A1 - Roland System 8 & Roland Cloud.

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 07:37:29 AM »

In order to sync the PX data with the editor use Receive Bank function from under the MIDI menu.