Woodworker doing synth panels

LPF83

Re: Woodworker doing synth panels
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2021, 06:25:41 PM »

Damn I think you stumped me trying to stump you. Hahaha.
But you’re right ! This is a prophet~8 panel that can also fit on the p12, mono evolved, so you nailed it.
But does it also fit a mopho?

I've no first hand knowledge, but according to a site that turned up in my search they are compatible.   
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2021, 10:28:27 AM »

Damn I think you stumped me trying to stump you. Hahaha.
But you’re right ! This is a prophet~8 panel that can also fit on the p12, mono evolved, so you nailed it.
But does it also fit a mopho?

I've no first hand knowledge, but according to a site that turned up in my search they are compatible.

Fair enough! It’s definitely good to know! Thanks!

I’ll be posting more of my woodworking soon! I’ll stump you one day :D
Prophet~6|Prophet~10 Rev3|Prophet~10 Rev4|OB-6|OB-Xa |Minimoog Model-D (reissue)|Tempest|DMX|LinnDrum|Drumtraks

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2021, 11:31:31 AM »
Since another poster has already done it, you might as well go for the Pro 3 Standard Edition, if you haven't already.  It looks so much better with wooden ends.

https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,5110.new.html#new
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 11:35:17 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2021, 12:00:57 PM »
Since another poster has already done it, you might as well go for the Pro 3 Standard Edition, if you haven't already.  It looks so much better with wooden ends.

https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,5110.new.html#new

Wow! That person did a wonderful job! it made that synth look like a whole new synth. I’d love to do a pro3.
However , I have the SE version so the panels aren’t the same so maybe I’ll make a set if I can find someone kind enough to lend me their panels to recreate.
Thanks for sharing !
Prophet~6|Prophet~10 Rev3|Prophet~10 Rev4|OB-6|OB-Xa |Minimoog Model-D (reissue)|Tempest|DMX|LinnDrum|Drumtraks

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2021, 07:35:11 AM »
Hey Synthwolf, I would think the Take 5 would offer you an excellent opportunity to design a couple of thick wooden end cheeks.  In my opinion, this synthesizer needs them more than any other Sequential instrument.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 07:39:37 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2021, 07:41:43 AM »
Hey Synthwolf, I would think the Take 5 would offer you an excellent opportunity to design a couple of thick wooden end cheeks.  In my opinion, this synthesizer needs them more than any other Sequential instrument.

I definitely second this sentiment.

« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2022, 04:08:22 PM »

Oh man am I late to this party or what!

If anyone sends me a request and is willing to mail me their set, I’ll make a complimentary set for them :)

« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2022, 10:00:06 AM »
Also if any one is interested in woodworking for their synths, please visit

www.SynthWolf.com

and don’t forget to check our work out at

www.Instagram.com/synthwolf1

« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2022, 04:17:25 PM »
Also if any one is interested in woodworking for their synths, please visit

www.SynthWolf.com

and don’t forget to check our work out at

www.Instagram.com/synthwolf1

The black/blue patterned blocks are exquisite! Would be great on an Evolver, Summit or OB6 with their blue accents.

« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2022, 10:03:47 AM »

The black/blue patterned blocks are exquisite! Would be great on an Evolver, Summit or OB6 with their blue accents.
[/quote]

Yeah! and the tempest of course! i blended dyes together to get the same hue as the tempest blue, came out nice! I think it would look great on an evolver ( which i believe is basically the prophet 8 panels ) too.

« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2022, 08:19:03 PM »
Hi, for what it’s worth, if anyone is interested I’ve made a 8 part mini series on Instagram documenting our process on how we make synth panels for the ASM hydrasynth.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CbN7-EOjIaZ/?utm_medium=copy_link

Jason

• Bandmix
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2022, 06:34:26 AM »
Can you do a set for the Hydrasynth Deluxe? It looks like they are slightly different compared to the original.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2022, 06:59:30 AM by Jason »

« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2022, 06:57:42 AM »
I'm guess those will fit the Hydrasynth Deluxe. Do you happen to know?
Thanks.

Hi Jason! As per the email, I will do my best to find out , thanks :)

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2022, 04:40:57 PM »
Gorgeous work, Synthwolf.  That Behringer 2600 looks so much better with a wood frame.  I hope someday I'm able to use your services because I love high quality wood on synthesizers.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 04:50:08 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2022, 09:39:40 PM »
Take 5...

If anyone sends me a request and is willing to mail me their set, I’ll make a complimentary set for them :)

Your work looks amazing! I'm tempted... but I'm curious how you'd go about attaching wood sides to the Take 5 given how the OEM panels are hooked on at the top with three screws on the bottom of the synth. (Images here: https://www.sequential.com/take-5-left-and-right-panel-removal/)

« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2022, 10:03:21 PM »
Gorgeous work, Synthwolf.  That Behringer 2600 looks so much better with a wood frame.  I hope someday I'm able to use your services because I love high quality wood on synthesizers.

Ah thanks so much! If you ever do reach out to us, make sure you remind me of your Dave smith forum handle so I know it’s you!

« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2022, 10:07:23 PM »
Take 5...

Your work looks amazing! I'm tempted... but I'm curious how you'd go about attaching wood sides to the Take 5 given how the OEM panels are hooked on at the top with three screws on the bottom of the synth. (Images here: https://www.sequential.com/take-5-left-and-right-panel-removal/)

Hi there! Yes the Take 5 with the way it attaches makes it a rather complicated panel to make out of wood. So unfortunately it will not be making its way into our catalogue.

However since we do get lots of request for it,  we might in the near future try to take on the take 5 challenge :p

« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2022, 02:45:10 PM »

Hey! I own a small shop and we just added take 5 walnut panels. I think they make it look freaking fantastic. I don't want to step on anyones toes but wanted to let you know these exist. Cheers.
https://synthcraft.co/products/sequential-take-5-walnut-panels

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2022, 04:52:33 PM »
My goodness, those end cheeks look fine.  The Take 5 was just crying out for them.  Excellent work, Synthcraft.co!  What's your price?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 08:40:51 PM by Sacred Synthesis »