Woodworker doing synth panels

LPF83

Re: Name the synth that belongs to the panel!
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2021, 02:43:17 PM »
Can anyone guess which synth belongs to this panel? It might be a bit tricky, but i'll give you a hint, the original panel is about 1/4" thick and made out of metal and is not from sequential.

Maybe a Jupiter 6 or 8?
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2021, 10:31:18 PM »
Can anyone guess which synth belongs to this panel? It might be a bit tricky, but i'll give you a hint, the original panel is about 1/4" thick and made out of metal and is not from sequential.

Maybe a Jupiter 6 or 8?

Nice! Got it on the first try. It’s a Jupiter-6 set.
Prophet~6|Prophet~10 Rev3|Prophet~10 Rev4|OB-6|OB-Xa |Minimoog Model-D (reissue)|Tempest|DMX|LinnDrum|Drumtraks

LPF83

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2021, 04:22:05 AM »

Maybe a Jupiter 6 or 8?

Nice! Got it on the first try. It’s a Jupiter-6 set.

The hints were good :)
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2021, 07:18:13 AM »

[/quote]

The hints were good :)
[/quote]

I’ll have to upload another picture of a more challenging one then maybe  lol.
Prophet~6|Prophet~10 Rev3|Prophet~10 Rev4|OB-6|OB-Xa |Minimoog Model-D (reissue)|Tempest|DMX|LinnDrum|Drumtraks

Re: Woodworker doing synth panels
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2021, 09:25:11 PM »
Any guesses? This time no clues  :-X

LPF83

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2021, 12:09:22 PM »

Poly Evolver?

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2021, 12:18:40 PM »

Poly Evolver?

No sir, perhaps it’ll be tricky because it’s hard to see the size relative to anything, but they are bigger than that. But it is in the sequential family of synths

LPF83

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2021, 12:26:07 PM »

Poly Evolver?

No sir, perhaps it’ll be tricky because it’s hard to see the size relative to anything, but they are bigger than that. But it is in the sequential family of synths

Yeah, the size is a challenge.  Prophet '08?

timboréale

• MIDI nerd
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2021, 12:42:30 PM »
If I can ask, what's the point of making wood ends for synths that have beautiful wood ends already? I don't get it...  ???
Prophet 6 keyboard, Rev2-16, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Nords, etc...

LPF83

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2021, 12:51:13 PM »
If I can ask, what's the point of making wood ends for synths that have beautiful wood ends already? I don't get it...  ???

I assume some folks have chipped or scratched ones, or just want to differentiate theirs or have a stain color preference.  Some folks have not been happy with the appearance of their stock ends.  I don't have two of the same type of synth, but if I did it might be nice to have a visual differentiator between the two so I didn't have to look at the serial num.

Those are just some ideas, I don't know folk's motive.  I have been happy with the stock wood on my gear.

timboréale

• MIDI nerd
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2021, 12:59:03 PM »
I assume some folks have chipped or scratched ones
Sequential sell replacements for this purpose...

[...] or just want to differentiate theirs or have a stain color preference.  Some folks have not been happy with the appearance of their stock ends.  I don't have two of the same type of synth, but if I did it might be nice to have a visual differentiator between the two so I didn't have to look at the serial num.

I can think of any number of potential differentiators between synths that come without the ecological and environment costs. I'm all for quality woodworking (and wood on synths!) but replacing perfectly good walnut (of all woods, walnut! A slow-growing and important crop-tree whose wood and fruit are both very valuable) strikes me as luxury for the sake of vanity. I hope there's a greater reason here than that that I'm just missing!

LPF83

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2021, 01:22:50 PM »
I assume some folks have chipped or scratched ones
Sequential sell replacements for this purpose...

[...] or just want to differentiate theirs or have a stain color preference.  Some folks have not been happy with the appearance of their stock ends.  I don't have two of the same type of synth, but if I did it might be nice to have a visual differentiator between the two so I didn't have to look at the serial num.

I can think of any number of potential differentiators between synths that come without the ecological and environment costs. I'm all for quality woodworking (and wood on synths!) but replacing perfectly good walnut (of all woods, walnut! A slow-growing and important crop-tree whose wood and fruit are both very valuable) strikes me as luxury for the sake of vanity. I hope there's a greater reason here than that that I'm just missing!

I don't know man, I'm not overthinking it personally.  Every time I buy a new vehicle I visit the enthusiast forums just to learn some of the ins and outs.  And without fail there are dozens of guys who run out and buy every aftermarket customization available and stick on an expensive German vehicle just for a feeling of being different from everyone else, some folks are into customization.  Who knows what makes others happy?

timboréale

• MIDI nerd
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2021, 02:35:11 PM »
Every time I buy a new vehicle [...]
Ok, I get it. Thanks.

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2021, 03:12:44 PM »

Poly Evolver?

Nope! Getting warmer! I’ll give you a hint; it belongs to an original panel of something that was recently recreated in the form factor of what Dave smith initially set out accomplish.
 :D

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2021, 03:35:27 PM »
so the dual keyboard P10 then?

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2021, 03:37:14 PM »
so the dual keyboard P10 then?

That is correct!

What about this one ?!

LPF83

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2021, 04:21:42 PM »

Poly Evolver?

Nope! Getting warmer! I’ll give you a hint; it belongs to an original panel of something that was recently recreated in the form factor of what Dave smith initially set out accomplish.

Ah jeez, had you given me that tip initially I would have guessed it without looking at the pic :)

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2021, 04:28:51 PM »

Poly Evolver?

Ah jeez, had you given me that tip initially I would have guessed it without looking at the pic :)

Haha nice man! You know your synths very well!  What about the last one I posted?
Hint : it could fit on 3 different synths 

LPF83

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2021, 05:07:59 PM »

Poly Evolver?

Haha nice man! You know your synths very well!  What about the last one I posted?
Hint : it could fit on 3 different synths

Well I confess to cheating as much as humanly possible using image search :), so I'm not sure if it's attributable to my synth knowledge, but that last hint narrowed it down to only one possibility I could think of.

Hmm..  do you mean it could fit 3 synths but you're sure there's no way it could fit four?   Because it looks very Sequential in terms of the hole pattern, but my guess would involve one of the following, which I read during my search are all side-panel compatible in their keyboard (not desktop) versions:  Mopho, Mono Evolver, P'08, P12

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2021, 05:24:38 PM »

Damn I think you stumped me trying to stump you. Hahaha.
But you’re right ! This is a prophet~8 panel that can also fit on the p12, mono evolved, so you nailed it.
But does it also fit a mopho?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 05:35:13 PM by SynthWolf »