Tempest & Protools sequencer stop/start

Tempest & Protools sequencer stop/start
« on: December 19, 2020, 07:21:04 PM »
Hello!

I’m trying to set up the tempest in such a way that it can read from and write to Protools.

So far, I’ve set the tempests midi in and outs to the motu midi interface.

Tempest is set to slave

Pro tools is acting as master

Pro tools recognizes the midi connection and sends the proper BPM when I click play on Protools.

but everytime I click play on Protools it will play the internal sequencer on the tempest along side the Protools playback as well.

So I was wondering if it is possible to set the tempest to a no sequencer start stop function?

Reason I’m asking is because the OB6/ prophet 6 has a no stop start feature in its global features and was wondering if the tempest had a similar functionality. 

Thanks,

Nick
Prophet~6|Prophet~10 Rev3|Prophet~10 Rev4|OB-6|OB-Xa |Minimoog Model-D (reissue)|Tempest|DMX|LinnDrum|Drumtraks

Re: Tempest & Protools sequencer stop/start
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 12:33:53 AM »
I’m afraid there isn’t any feature like that..

Re: Tempest & Protools sequencer stop/start
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2020, 06:03:01 AM »
I’m afraid there isn’t any feature like that..

Okay. Darn it. I guess the two solutions that I came up with last night were to filter out that info with the motu midi xpress interface, or to create a file with the sounds you like but no playing on them
Prophet~6|Prophet~10 Rev3|Prophet~10 Rev4|OB-6|OB-Xa |Minimoog Model-D (reissue)|Tempest|DMX|LinnDrum|Drumtraks