Layer B - Instrument 1 resetting

magikroom

• www.geosynths.com
    • GEOSynths
Layer B - Instrument 1 resetting
« on: December 17, 2020, 09:26:09 AM »
Hi,  just going through the final touches of my Bank and have hit a snag, in that when I send the SYSEX over USB or MIDI (Sysex Librarian), then send it back, on some patches, not many but 4/5 it seems to reset the Pitch of Instrument 1, Layer B only.  Has anyone had this before?  Just means I can't put the Bank out yet, not without this caveat. 

GEOSynths - Fresh, new sounds for DSI Prophet REV2 (Vol 1 & 2) - Prophet 12 - Sequential Prophet 6 - DSI OB6 (Volume 1 & 2)  Novation PEAK - Behringer DeepMind 12 (Vol 1 & 2) - Korg Prologue - Korg KingKorg - Nord Lead A1 - Roland System 8 & Roland Cloud.

J_P_P

Re: Layer B - Instrument 1 resetting
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2020, 10:07:28 AM »
Hi,  just going through the final touches of my Bank and have hit a snag, in that when I send the SYSEX over USB or MIDI (Sysex Librarian), then send it back, on some patches, not many but 4/5 it seems to reset the Pitch of Instrument 1, Layer B only.  Has anyone had this before?  Just means I can't put the Bank out yet, not without this caveat.

Have you tried the "“Save Edit Layer State”  in Global Menu ? Not sure, if it does anyting about your issue, since i never tried it...but...

magikroom

• www.geosynths.com
    • GEOSynths
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2020, 05:27:02 AM »

Have you tried the "“Save Edit Layer State”  in Global Menu ? Not sure, if it does anyting about your issue, since i never tried it...but...
That only saves if yhou were in Layer B the last time you worked on it, so if you reboot, it will show Layer B...Sadly doesn't affect it.
GEOSynths - Fresh, new sounds for DSI Prophet REV2 (Vol 1 & 2) - Prophet 12 - Sequential Prophet 6 - DSI OB6 (Volume 1 & 2)  Novation PEAK - Behringer DeepMind 12 (Vol 1 & 2) - Korg Prologue - Korg KingKorg - Nord Lead A1 - Roland System 8 & Roland Cloud.

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2020, 12:27:49 PM »
Can't help I am afraid. Have you raised a ticket with Sequential?

I'm not sure if it is related, but SYSEX transfer do seem a little buggy, and I hope Sequential will fix, but I am still waiting on the problem I reported for edit buffer transfers in this thread see my post on NOV 27 2019 and the PDF bug report. This one badly affected OSC pitch on some programs. I had to remove edit buffer transfer from my program.

If it is only a few patches to fix up, could you provide instructions for how to do that manually, if it is just pitch adjustment? Not ideal I know, but it gets your patch collection out there.
Regards
Derek

----------

Prophet X, Yamaha Montage 7, SY99, TG77, EX5R, AN1x, FS1r, Motif Rack ES (with PLG150-AN and PLG150-VL), Korg Kronos X61, Nord G2 Engine, and way too many VSTis!

J_P_P

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2020, 04:36:47 AM »
Are you using USB or MIDI ports ? i have read some comments about oyher Synths (pro 3 i think ?) that the MIDI ports were more reliable, and with less bugs .

magikroom

• www.geosynths.com
    • GEOSynths
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2020, 04:45:03 AM »
Can't help I am afraid. Have you raised a ticket with Sequential?

I'm not sure if it is related, but SYSEX transfer do seem a little buggy, and I hope Sequential will fix, but I am still waiting on the problem I reported for edit buffer transfers in this thread see my post on NOV 27 2019 and the PDF bug report. This one badly affected OSC pitch on some programs. I had to remove edit buffer transfer from my program.

If it is only a few patches to fix up, could you provide instructions for how to do that manually, if it is just pitch adjustment? Not ideal I know, but it gets your patch collection out there.
Thanks.
Yes, I've been in touch with them and have put details in the my release about it and steps to rectify.