Tempest open source ?

Tempest open source ?
« on: December 16, 2020, 03:09:06 AM »
Hi,

Since production is over and development reached an end...
Wouldn't it be possible to give infos on how to adjust the OS by some users ?  :o
I have 0 idea if what i'm saying is crazy impossible for technical / copyright reasons.
But never underestimate what users can archive :p See what's going on with the mutable instruments modules. They became a standard probably because people could create some alternate versions.

Re: Tempest open source ?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 12:05:51 PM »
Has been discussed way too many times in the past and clearly Sequential doesn’t want to unveil the source code..Also Chris Hector (programmer) said that it’s way too complicated and probably would create problems.

Pym

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2020, 12:10:05 AM »
Yeah as much as I would love to there are multiple chips and a lot of complexity, plus you'd need expensive tools to program it, plus Dave isn't really an 'open source' kinda guy.

Has been discussed way too many times in the past and clearly Sequential doesn’t want to unveil the source code..Also Chris Hector (programmer) said that it’s way too complicated and probably would create problems.
Sequential

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 02:35:25 AM »
How depressive.
The only thing it does is frustrate me so much that i never really consider any dsi products anymore.

Pym

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2021, 08:17:51 AM »
Sorry to hear that... I'd suggest checking out some open source projects like http://www.ucapps.de
for more control over the process if that's really important to you. I just want people to keep making music and be creative, no matter how they do it!

How depressive.
The only thing it does is frustrate me so much that i never really consider any dsi products anymore.
Sequential

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2021, 03:36:49 AM »
I just want people to keep making music and be creative, no matter how they do it

I do wish you’d revisit the code, Chris, if only to add a proper mono/legato mode and poly-aftertouch (or better yet, MPE) to the Tempest’s synth channel.

Cheers!