I'm back!

chysn

I'm back!
« on: December 14, 2020, 01:08:31 PM »
In the fall of 2010, I bought a Dave Smith Instruments Mopho Keyboard. I joined a DSI-themed forum, liked the other people who hung out there, and had lots of fun with the bright yellow beastie.

Forward to April of 2016, I went totally modular. This, too, was lots of fun. I never really ruled out another keyboard synth, but I was looking for the right one. Basically, I wanted a new Mopho, with the same modulation philosophy but three octaves, VCOs, oscillators as a modulation source, the Prophet 6 filter.

When the Pro 3 was released almost a year ago, I started to weigh whether I wanted to go back to a keyboard synth. When Sequential updated the Pro 3 for custom waveforms, that pretty much sealed it up.

My Pro 3 arrived today. I had a lot to do at work today, so I've only had a few minutes to try it out, but it's a beautiful instrument, and the sounds are fantastic, under both heavy and light modulation.

Just a few more days, and I'll be off for the rest of the year. I'm looking forward to spending a lot of that time learning all about the Pro 3.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

Sacred Synthesis

Re: I'm back!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 01:44:50 PM »
Just a few more days, and I'll be off for the rest of the year. I'm looking forward to spending a lot of that time learning all about the Pro 3.

And that's when your wife will tell you it's time to spend a lot of quality time together.  ;D

chysn

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 02:01:55 PM »

And that's when your wife will tell you it's time to spend a lot of quality time together.  ;D

There will be plenty of time for that, too!

But she practically ordered me to buy a Pro 3.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 02:12:09 PM »
Welcome back. It’s definitely my favorite Sequential that I’ve owned out of the MoPho, Evo, Poly Evo, Tetra, and Rev2. It has all of the pseudo-modular flexibility of those with the sweet filters and oscillators I always wanted.

Hell it’s my favorite monosynth  too! And it plays well with modular.

S Y Z Y G Y X

• WWW.SYZYGYXMUSIC.COM
    • S Y Z Y G Y X
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2020, 03:23:17 PM »
Ayyye congrats to Pro 3ville!  Looking forward to your contributions you’ll bring to the forum and the machine  8)
SEQUENTIAL Pro 3, DSI Prophet 12, DSI Prophet Rev2-8, Moog Subsequent 37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Novation Bass Station 2, BOSS VE500, MOTU Micro Lite, AKAI APC240 MKII, SSL Fusion, UAD Apollo X6, MacBook Pro 2017, ADAM A7X Monitors, Logic X
www.syzygyxmusic.com
https://syzygy-x.bandcamp.com

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2020, 06:42:45 PM »
Congrats!   It's an amazing synth!   

OB-X8, Pro 3, P6, Rev2, Take 5, 3rd Wave, Deepmind, PolyBrute, Sub 37
Sound Sets:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/
Free Patches:
https://www.PresetPatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2020, 04:13:51 AM »